By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I hope the PS2 dies REAL soon...

El Duderino said:
leo-j said:
El Duderino said:
Maybe the PS2 is holding back the Wii a little, but have you ever considered that the Wii may have profited from PS2 devs also making Wii ports ???

Since this is a gaming discussion here's sometin to think about, you wii owners feel as bad as us PS3 owners when it comes from lame ports. Why port from the weaker system to the more powerful console? Sucks to be in that spot.

Yeah but the Wii is more that twice as powerfull as the PS2... if the PS3 has more "real" power than the 360 has still to be proven, my point is that Wii owners should be happy to get exra games that would actually be PS2 exclusives...

Yet to be proven is an understatement, its already been proven. Every developer that has developed for the PS3 has said it time and time again, the PS3 has alot of hidden potential in the hardware. Its that somebody needs to find a way to use it.

Also, the PS3 is 3 times more powerful than the Xbox 360 according to sony, and N'gai has stated that its easier to port from PS3 to Xbox 360 due to the developers knowledge with 360 hardware. Its better to make a game ground up on the system hader to develop for and create a much better game, then port it o the system you know how to work with, even if the first version has a slightly better graphicle edge.

mM
Around the Network
Auron said:
d21lewis said:
I picture Soriku and a PS2 chained to opposite sides of a room. The PS2 has a gun. Soriku has a bullet. Then a voice says "We're going to play a game...."

HAHAHA Who's in the middle of the room? 

Some random "dead" guy. Don't worry about him......

PS2 will last longer than 360, yeah it will.
Why would u kill the ps2? it gives money and great games, it should die because Wii owners dont get good games? U should be grateful u share some of the library the ps2 has.

yeah i hope it dies i personally think that ps3 sales will improve if ps2 is discontinied and sony could start worrying on making ps3 better and they will make good profit also

PSN: Metra17

Games: Uncharted, Burnout Paradise, COD4, Motorstorm, Rockband

Soriku said:
pastro243 said:
PS2 will last longer than 360, yeah it will.
Why would u kill the ps2? it gives money and great games, it should die because Wii owners dont get good games? U should be grateful u share some of the library the ps2 has.

It's not just for the Wii, it's also for the other systems, too...

true if ps2 was discontined all the people that have ps2 will be like why do i have this and buy a next gen system which will boost sales and eveerybody is happy

PSN: Metra17

Games: Uncharted, Burnout Paradise, COD4, Motorstorm, Rockband

Around the Network

The most casual console ever need dead (PS2)

Early on while Wii was still a fad, ps2 ports helped the Wii's library. Now it is proven to be the most successful console this generation so the ps2 is holding back the Wii's multi plat games. I hope ps2 dies soon so more developer dollars can be spent on current generation games and we will se the end of ps2 to Wii ports.

I wouldn't mind a couple more DDR games, but i don't really think much of teh PS2 -> Wii ports.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

leo-j said:

Yet to be proven is an understatement, its already been proven. Every developer that has developed for the PS3 has said it time and time again, the PS3 has alot of hidden potential in the hardware. Its that somebody needs to find a way to use it.

Also, the PS3 is 3 times more powerful than the Xbox 360 according to sony, and N'gai has stated that its easier to port from PS3 to Xbox 360 due to the developers knowledge with 360 hardware. Its better to make a game ground up on the system hader to develop for and create a much better game, then port it o the system you know how to work with, even if the first version has a slightly better graphicle edge.

I don't care what Sony says. The PS3 is not 3 times more powerful than the 360. If it were, it would show up in the system spechs, but it doesn't. Most developers who have worked on both platforms say the systems are equal in terms of power. However, the PS3's more safisticated design may allow for a slight graphical edge. I, for one, will go by what the developers programing for the two platforms say, not Sony's fairytale bullshit.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Games do still sell on the PS2, so it's not going away for the foreseeable future.
For example, take a look at Madden 08 on the PS2. It still sold over 2 million copies! It's only a 100k or so behind the 360 sales of the game. Next year the gap will most likely increase a lot more between the two, but there are still lots of sales to be had from making PS2 software. It's not going anywhere.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"