By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I hope the PS2 dies REAL soon...

I think it's cool that people that purchased a PS2 and can't afford the newer consoles are still getting games to play. I say keep it going for as long as people are interested.

Around the Network

Well, at least the PS2 fat died.

The PS2 will die when it's ready to die. Promoting its death is tantamount to murder. Literally, it would be like telling your grandfather to die, or trying to kill your grandfather, because you wanted your share of his will.

As they say in Soul Calibur, "PS2 has been seriously wounded (by age), but the soul still burns."

You want the most successful video game to die so the Wii can get better games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Riot Of The Blood said:
leo-j said:

Yet to be proven is an understatement, its already been proven. Every developer that has developed for the PS3 has said it time and time again, the PS3 has alot of hidden potential in the hardware. Its that somebody needs to find a way to use it.

Also, the PS3 is 3 times more powerful than the Xbox 360 according to sony, and N'gai has stated that its easier to port from PS3 to Xbox 360 due to the developers knowledge with 360 hardware. Its better to make a game ground up on the system hader to develop for and create a much better game, then port it o the system you know how to work with, even if the first version has a slightly better graphicle edge.

I don't care what Sony says. The PS3 is not 3 times more powerful than the 360. If it were, it would show up in the system spechs, but it doesn't. Most developers who have worked on both platforms say the systems are equal in terms of power. However, the PS3's more safisticated design may allow for a slight graphical edge. I, for one, will go by what the developers programing for the two platforms say, not Sony's fairytale bullshit.

Yay, you can hit a lobbed beach ball in the middle of the strike zone.

Slight graphical edge in appearance, with a greater edge in the number of things/enemies that can be onscreen at once.  Devs have been saying that that was the case since they first saw the hardware.  And yeah, they said eventually.

Maybe not 3x as powerful.  But more powerful.  This is clear already, and the gap will widen.

Around the Network

A trolling thread made by Soriku to bash up the PS2. If anyone else did this they could get a week's ban from one of the harsh moderators.

lol @ i_own_a_ps3

its not fanboyism, its the hunger for an alternative and the refusal to accept a life of unhappiness... (i.e. ps2-to-wii ports) :P

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

It's a pretty simple fact that PS3 is more powerful than 360. Setting aside even hardware, the fact that PS3 games are made on Blu-Ray discs means they can be enormously bigger than 360 games. A dual layer PS3 game can be 50GB big by itself.

Soriku isn't bashing PS2. He says right up front he loves PS2. He just thinks it's time for developers to move on to the more powerful systems for the good of gaming as a whole (and yes, for the Wii specifically as well, but not only the Wii). I don't necessarily agree, but isn't isn't bashing the PS2.

I say all this, by the way, as someone whose only current gen system is a Wii.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

there is no reason for sony to kill it off as long as it keeps generating so much profit for them

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

PS3 is twice as powerful as the XBox 360. The Nintendo Wii is twice as powerful as the PS2.

The PS2 will live for a further 3 or 4 more years. Why kill off an extremely profitable little machine that makes a lot of people happy and brings in heaps of profit for Sony?