By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I hope the PS2 dies REAL soon...

Sony needs the PS2. Without it they would be hurting badly.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Maybe the PS2 is holding back the Wii a little, but have you ever considered that the Wii may have profited from PS2 devs also making Wii ports ???

Soriku said:
So then what's the point of the PS3?

its Sony's style

the PS1 lasted through most of the PS2's life, and the PS2 will last through most of the PS3's till the PS4 is announced/about to launch.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Soriku said:
And no, this is not a "hate PS2" thread. WHY would I hate the PS2 when it houses KH and a lot of other fantastic games. I love the PS2. Anyway... I would like the PS2 to die real soon so devs won't be able to make PS2-Wii ports anymore. They're not going to bring new games on a dead system. As a result of this, games will either be Wii exclusive or PS360. Or for companies like EA who love multiplatform games: PSWii60 games. PS2-Wii ports will be dead and if companies want to make seperate Wii versions from the PS360 versions instead of gimping games (like Rock Band Wii-- which I don't care about at all, but--where could be DLC or online play instead of it being a direct PS2 port which features no DLC or online play). Also, people who say "PS2 sales are stealing PS3 sales" will get a chance to see if their theory holds true (probably won't). Another thing is games like Persona 4 wouldn't be on the PS2, and instead one of the new systems. Finally, make room for the NEW systems! We don't care about last gen systems at this time. This is a new gen so devs shouldn't be focusing on last gen systems.

Who is they? I see lots of third party, and even first party titles being released for the ps2. New ip's like rpg's, and persona 4.

Also who is this we?

mM

The point was to push Blu-Ray,and it worked,though at the expense of damaging the PS brand to some extent.

Around the Network

He said they won't release games for it WHEN it is dead, not at the moment...

El Duderino said:
Maybe the PS2 is holding back the Wii a little, but have you ever considered that the Wii may have profited from PS2 devs also making Wii ports ???

Since this is a gaming discussion here's sometin to think about,  you wii owners feel as bad as us PS3 owners when it comes from lame ports. Why port from the weaker system to the more powerful console? Sucks to be in that spot.

mM

The PS2 is a great system that deserves to live for years. It's EA, they would have left the crap out anyways because they just want a quick buck.

Besides, without PS2 ports, the Wii library during the drought would be so unbelievably pathetic that the system may have seen sales suffer. 

Soriku said:
And no, this is not a "hate PS2" thread. WHY would I hate the PS2 when it houses KH and a lot of other fantastic games. I love the PS2. Anyway... I would like the PS2 to die real soon so devs won't be able to make PS2-Wii ports anymore. They're not going to bring new games on a dead system. As a result of this, games will either be Wii exclusive or PS360. Or for companies like EA who love multiplatform games: PSWii60 games. PS2-Wii ports will be dead and if companies want to make seperate Wii versions from the PS360 versions instead of gimping games (like Rock Band Wii-- which I don't care about at all, but--where could be DLC or online play instead of it being a direct PS2 port which features no DLC or online play). Also, people who say "PS2 sales are stealing PS3 sales" will get a chance to see if their theory holds true (probably won't). Another thing is games like Persona 4 wouldn't be on the PS2, and instead one of the new systems. Finally, make room for the NEW systems! We don't care about last gen systems at this time. This is a new gen so devs shouldn't be focusing on last gen systems.

The PS2 shouldn't suffer because Ninty decided to release a graphically inferior console this gen.  I love my Wii but if i had to choose PS2 or Wii i would pick PS2 without hesitation.

I have a 60gb PS3, so I should be the first to say "DIE PS2 DIE", since every PS2 sold is potentially 1 less PS3 sold in next 3 years.

but..

1.. PS2 makes crazy money for Sony.
2.. PS2 alive means PS2 games still in production, so I can pick some off cheap.
3.. PS2 alive keeps PSP alive, developer's last resort would be to port the game to PS2 if they can't make enough money on PSP.
4.. at 129. that's by far the cheapest system in the market.

so, my conclusion, PS2 won't die until PS3 gets a slim edition.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)