By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I hope the PS2 dies REAL soon...

As long as the PS2 sales remain as they are for a while longer, the PS2 will not be going anywhere. Imagine though if all of the people who purchase a PS2 at current rates each month instead bought a PS3, sales for it would be significantly greater to say the least. This is a delicate process which Sony knows. There is still demand for the PS2 and as long as there is, it will continue to sell well until more and more consumers adopt the PS3. I think it's amazing how Sony is the only company with a last gen system still in the game, selling good on both last gen, current, and a decent handheld showing as well.

Around the Network

On another note i think th PS2-Wii ports would have resulted in no port for Wii if it wasn't for the PS2. So i think the PS2 is actually helping the Wii get games.

The only way I'd want PS2 to die is if it would be guarenteed it would help the PS3 and no other console. If the PS2 is holding back the Wii a little then I say keep the PS2!

PS3 will have the longest lifespan ever of any console before it successor will be released. I think it will have a 7 year life before PS4 comes out. The graphics revolution is over, and with add ons the PS3 will be able to tap into the interface revolution started by the Wii and DS.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

leo-j said:
El Duderino said:
Maybe the PS2 is holding back the Wii a little, but have you ever considered that the Wii may have profited from PS2 devs also making Wii ports ???

Since this is a gaming discussion here's sometin to think about, you wii owners feel as bad as us PS3 owners when it comes from lame ports. Why port from the weaker system to the more powerful console? Sucks to be in that spot.

Yeah but the Wii is more that twice as powerfull as the PS2... if the PS3 has more "real" power than the 360 has still to be proven, my point is that Wii owners should be happy to get exra games that would actually be PS2 exclusives...

Around the Network

Soriku, Persona 3 sucked mammoth balls. Persona 4 being PS2 only is not something that Wii owners should regret.

And I do not want the PS2 to die. As long as it gets PSP ports it will save me some bucks.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I picture Soriku and a PS2 chained to opposite sides of a room. The PS2 has a gun. Soriku has a bullet. Then a voice says "We're going to play a game...."

d21lewis said:
I picture Soriku and a PS2 chained to opposite sides of a room. The PS2 has a gun. Soriku has a bullet. Then a voice says "We're going to play a game...."

HAHAHA Who's in the middle of the room? 

I would like the PS2 to die real soon

Blasphemy,how can you say that about the greatest video game console ever, do you even have a soul*cries and points at soriku*.

This reminds me of the Colbert report last night:

Colbert: "So your new book is titled Why Women Should Rule The World."

Guest: "I'm not a man hater, I just believe that men and women should rule together."

Myself: "Misleading title..."

To me, I think the PS2 should continue to survive, so that a system with a larger userbase can get more games and more people can play them, as opposed to wanting the game on my system because the other ones are poopy pants.

Sorry, I'm just kind of frazzled right now.