By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo Fans should let the NX fail if it's bad?

Should Nintendo Fans should let the NX fail if it's bad?

Yes 80 69.57%

No 35 30.43%

Total:115
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
If it's bad, it will fail no matter what fans say or do. The Wii U proves that point.

Then why is the Vita failing?

Around the Network

Consumers should let anything bad fail.

Yes, it is the only way Nintendo can learn to listen. They did everything wrong with the failed Wii-U and they are likely to repeat the exact same mistakes (hardware gimmicks that nobody wants and that destroy the gameplay and fun, kids-only games, no real 3rd party support).

After what Nintendo did with Wii U owners, the NX should deserve to fail too imo.

If it's a bad product then sure it shouldn't do well. But it depends on the market to determine that. I mean, we have a Kim Kardashian app for smartphones and tablets that's apparently making her bank. I'm not sure about the quality of the app since I don't have it, but it does show that people will buy or download something as long as it intrigues them.

Again, I believe Nintendo did all they could considering the circumstances of their situation. The Wii U had little to no 3rd party support, they struggled initially with HD development, thus, droughts occurred, they also had to support 3DS so their divisions were severely divided by time and money to make different games from both platforms, and they released a lot of big games and a pretty good amount of interesting ones that people should try at least instead of complaining this is not what they want (I.e., #FE, DK Tropical Freeze, 3D World, etc.). Was some of the problems their own doing? Yes. But I do commend them for trying to continue supporting the console even if it was already too late. At this point, they have to move forward because supporting the Wii U for a couple more years will get them nowhere and their profits will either stall or decline. I got the Wii U last winter and from what I've gotten, I can't say I'm dissatisfied. I wish their was more, but I understand the circumstances. As for NX, there's only one thing I know of, and that is I'll wait and see what it is and what it does before thinking about purchasing, just like any other console I'm interested in.

Around the Network

Every console should fail if its bad.If the PS4 was a bad console with bad games, it should just burn to the ground.It is a succes now because thats not the case.The same will be for NX

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

So much truth in the Blackbond video, i recommend everyone to see it.

KLXVER said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
If it's bad, it will fail no matter what fans say or do. The Wii U proves that point.

Then why is the Vita failing?

The Vita is terrible value for money overall, even though its got the best PS Plus game ever (Looking at you GOW Ghost Of Sparta) :P

Let me be a little more clear, I had a PSP and enjoyed it a LOT for both Western and Japanese games. MGS, GOW, GTA, Persona, FF the PSP had so many quality games. Now, the Vita has a mere two exclusives I'm interested in, Uncharted GA and Killzone M. None of the games that made the PSP or PS home consoles so great have come to Vita. Even after the release of Vita the PS3 got bigger, better and more varied exclusives.

The Vita has very little to offer to PlayStation fans hence it is bad.

The Wii U on the other hand, apparently offers Nintendo fans exactly what they want, so it can't be bad for its target audience.

Wow I'm shocked to hear that the WiiU has no ethernet port.

Well if you want it to fail, ok.

I don't care too much, and if Nintendo ends up going under, then R.I.P.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."