By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo Fans should let the NX fail if it's bad?

Should Nintendo Fans should let the NX fail if it's bad?

Yes 80 69.57%

No 35 30.43%

Total:115

Nintendo does have some really loyal fanbases... however its not enough to save them, if they mess up.
Wii U is proof of that, same thing might happend with the NX if its not a better thought out system.

Around the Network

How does one 'let a console fail'????

I mean I consider myself a Nintendo fan, who didn't think a lot of the wii or wii u, yet I still bought the games I liked,or looked forward to, for both consoles...

The only way I can think to let a console fail deliberately is to ignore it entirely which is a pretty stupid expectation to put on a fan...

This thread is pointless because Wii U failed regardless Nintendo fans.
Also what's most important for Nintendo fans are great Nintendo games, even Wii U have great 1st party games, and NX will most likely have even better games so huge majority Nintendo fans will buy NX.

Wii U dont have "3rd party support, hard drive, voice chat, proper online, Wired Ethernet" but that's not problem for Nintendo fans because they buy Nintendo hardware on first place for 1st party games.

Also every reasonable person knows that Nintendo is only responsible for Wii U failure, I really see someone says gamers are reason why Wii U failed.

Let a console fail?

If you think a product is bad don't buy it, it's as simple as that... if you don't think the NX is good would some people on here really buy it just to support Nintendo?

You don't "let" a product fail, the makers of the product fail to entice you into purchasing it.

Barkley said:
Let a console fail?

If you think a product is bad don't buy it, it's as simple as that... if you don't think the NX is good would some people on here really buy it just to support Nintendo?

You don't "let" a product fail, the makers of the product fail to entice you into purchasing it.

Ive said it countless times.

If WE as customers dont demand better, the corporations will do whatever the hell they want with us and OUR money.

Nintendo is T H E perfect example of a company doing what they want because no one seems to care.

The Blackbond video while harsh, speaks the truth about the current situation and the attitude towards the brand of a certain group of the fanbase.

The excuses have to STOP once and for all, and people have to put Nintendo against the wall and give them an ultimatum, whether they concede the peoples request or not it is their problem, but i can say that i wont spend a dime on a Nintendo product until they change their ways.

Around the Network

I think only quality should be rewarded with sales. This is the same thing I try to say when BvS comes up. You gotta reward the product at hand not your brand loyalty. If this is the BvS of consoles with all the right characters but is put together poorly and doesn't impress even with all that ammo (all the franchises involved with it), then it doesn't deserve success because it's doing those franchises wrong.

I am Iron Man

Yeah, I'm a Nintendo fan who buys all their systems, regardless of whether they're good ones. But, I do think Nintendo's troubles are all their own fault. I'm going to keep playing Mario Kart & Pokemon no matter what. Maybe they do have plenty in the bank. Although, if they don't eventually do what gamers/their fans want they will have to go the Sega route. Because, it won't make financial sense to keep making more consoles anymore. They might not be as bad as Sega now. However, they may be forced to go third party.

RolStoppable said:
AEGRO said:

Ive said it countless times.

If WE as customers dont demand better, the corporations will do whatever the hell they want with us and OUR money.

Nintendo is T H E perfect example of a company doing what they want because no one seems to care.

The Blackbond video while harsh, speaks the truth about the current situation and the attitude towards the brand of a certain group of the fanbase.

The excuses have to STOP once and for all, and people have to put Nintendo against the wall and give them an ultimatum, whether they concede the peoples request or not it is their problem, but i can say that i wont spend a dime on a Nintendo product until they change their ways.

It's stupid to put more stock in internet noise than sales.

What do you mean?

I'm not sure how you think that by letting the console fail it will somehow lead to what you want, which is a console with strong third party support and good hardware tech. They will aim for whatever will bring in the most profit and they may get there by other means than what you desire.

On top of that, your last paragraph contradicts what you're trying to propose here. If the Wii U died due to market forces despite the efforts of Nintendo fans, that means inevitably Nintendo fans would have limited power in terms of whether the NX will be a failure or a success.

DannyDesario said:

Guess what.... YOU GUYS AREN'T PLAYING ANY NINTENDO GAMES ON CONSOLE THIS YEAR. 

Paper Mario Color Splash

Zelda - Twilight Princess HD

Star Fox Zero

Pokken Tournament 

just saying, overall i agree with you.