By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo Fans should let the NX fail if it's bad?

Should Nintendo Fans should let the NX fail if it's bad?

Yes 80 69.57%

No 35 30.43%

Total:115

I think you guys should let it fail IF, not when, IF it's bad for a few reasons

1. Nintendo's Failures are their fault and no one else's

Nintendo fans blame the gamer for the Wii U's failure and say "You're a casual bro, you don't support good games".... 

No 3rd party support, No hard drive, No voice chat, No proper online, No Wired Ethernet. YUP YUP blame the 3rd parties and casuals.

Then they blame the 3rd parties for underhanded tactics.... Guess What...... GARBAGE 3rd PARTY IS NINTENDO's FAULT

Nintendo was upset Devs put games on multiple consoles and they didn't reach out to them with dev kits since the GAMECUBE......  No media bias damage control.  After Nintendo was TOP DAWG for not 1 but 2 gens, 3rd party was HAPPY to jump ship to Sony.  The guy that made Nintendo successful Yamachi, said "times have changed, and it's no longer a race to see how many useless companies you can get on your side".  He also said "People who play RPGs are"depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games"  ..... yea man that's the wrong mindset FROM THE JUMP.  IWATA HIMSELF critisized 3rd party during the Gamecube days and Miyamoto said the PS2 and it's 3rd parties were nothing to fear.  THEY DIDN'T WANT 3rd PARTY, and they didn't get it.  Nintendo doesn't play well with others, that's why the SNES CD doesn't exist and that's why the PS1 mopped the N64.  Lack 3rd party is solely Nintendo's fault

2. Nintendo fans brag about Nintendo's money 

Nintendo has enough money in the bank to fail for decades, so let them start over if they mess up rather than defend and damage control like the Wii U situation and support the handheld instead.  You guys have openly bragged a Nintendo commercial failure still makes a profit thanks to amiibos, so you don't have to lose any sleep at night.

3. A Console that isn't left to die has meager support

Nintendo fans were upset at the thought of the NX launching in 2016 because it would give the Wii U less value.... Guess what.... YOU GUYS AREN'T PLAYING ANY NINTENDO GAMES ON CONSOLE THIS YEAR. So? Horay?  Nice victory I guess.  Remember Operation Rainfall?  Those 3 games that Japan got 2 years before that we had to BEG FOR, yea those were the only non-shovelware releases....  Atlus is chipping in with 2nd party and you guys have that Mario V Sonic.... 

So after looking at the forums here I've come to the realization that Nintendo fans think the Wii U is OVERALL a great system with no 3rd party support, no 1st party in 2016.................. considering Nintendo fans bought millions of copies of Smash and Mario Kart, they helped the sales but it was ultimately a failure as it failed to outsell the Dreamcast in same timespan before discontinuation (2 years).  Anyways just a wake up call in the form of an OG Nintendo fan responding.  Looking at the Sales, I know Nintendo fans didn't let the Wii U die for lack of trying, but it did die as it deserved to.  Here's an OG Nintendo fan's response to Nintendo apologists.   Thanks guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpLHAAUzuEo

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Around the Network

Your welcome m8

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

It depends on what they do. If the controller is a gimmick that doesn't work well, their games quality is worse, its very expensive etc... Then I can see myself not buying it. At least for a while.

Not because it doesn't have flawless online or isn't really powerful or other nonsense people think Nintendo have to do...

KLXVER said:

It depends on what they do. If the controller is a gimmick that doesn't work well, their games quality is worse, its very expensive etc... Then I can see myself not buying it. At least for a while.

Not because it doesn't have flawless online or isn't really powerful or other nonsense people think Nintendo have to do...

I dont remember the last time when Nintendo launched a game and the servers were down. Or should I say the first time?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
KLXVER said:

I dont remember the last time when Nintendo launched a game and the servers were down. Or should I say the first time?

Its been pretty good on the WiiU. Some problems here and there, but that goes for every console maker.

Around the Network

Those who know me, know that I am 70% Nintendo fan and 30% Sony fan. As much as it pains me to say this, I agree with you. Nintendo's hardships were a result of their own decisions. Let me remind you that the Wii was also their decision. Times change and for the Wii era, Nintendo was ahead in certain aspects at the right time. But that was just for one generation. Nintendo became who they are not only due to their stellar 1st party content, but the amazing 3rd party support from Square, Enix, Capcom, Tecmo, Konami, etc. If Nintendo wants a chance at being in the forefront, they need to understand what 3rd parties need in order to develop on their consoles.

That being said, the fact that I don't know what the NX is gives me a sense of wonder much like the Wii. What if NX completely flips the script and everyone starts copying NX like the Wii? It could do just that but it could also flop. I am eagerly awaiting the reveal later this year.

Yes.

Depends, if its under powered and isn't supported then yes it deserves to die a miserable death.

Don't see it happening so I this scenario is pointless to me.

I am already getting it for Zelda NX anyway.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Wow, I'm kinda at a loss of words.

I guess I'll say if the system is overall terrible, then it will probably fail again like the Wii U. I don't think they're gonna do that with the NX, otherwise they have learned nothing from the Wii U

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread