By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo Fans should let the NX fail if it's bad?

Should Nintendo Fans should let the NX fail if it's bad?

Yes 80 69.57%

No 35 30.43%

Total:115

"Let."

As is they have a choice.

Around the Network

lol... i don't think Nintendo fans have that sort of power in one way or the other. The product needs to appeal to a wide audience to suceed. That is all.

This doesn't make sense at all. The market will decide if it succeeds or not. Fans or whoever wont just meet up and plan out a NX failure mission. It doesn't work that way.

I already have most of the big IPs in HD from Nintendo. I'll just complete those a few missing games and I'm pretty stocked with Nintendo HD games. ;)

Okay, sure

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

what I mean is, I'll wait further and won't buy it soon and ensure there are games that would entice me and able to compete on that 3rd party games. A bigger number of users is a good sign that we can get the common 3rd party games which needs to help the console survive.

We know an All-Nintendo game console won't last that long especially the HD development would take time.

Let the fandom do whatever it wants ...

I agree with #1 and #2 is meaningless since there is no such thing as "too big to fail" ...

If it's bad, it will fail no matter what fans say or do. The Wii U proves that point.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

DannyDesario said:

I think you guys should let it fail IF, not when, IF it's bad for a few reasons

1. Nintendo's Failures are their fault and no one else's

Nintendo fans blame the gamer for the Wii U's failure and say "You're a casual bro, you don't support good games".... 

No 3rd party support, No hard drive, No voice chat, No proper online, No Wired Ethernet. YUP YUP blame the 3rd parties and casuals.

Then they blame the 3rd parties for underhanded tactics.... Guess What...... GARBAGE 3rd PARTY IS NINTENDO's FAULT

Nintendo was upset Devs put games on multiple consoles and they didn't reach out to them with dev kits since the GAMECUBE......  No media bias damage control.  After Nintendo was TOP DAWG for not 1 but 2 gens, 3rd party was HAPPY to jump ship to Sony.  The guy that made Nintendo successful Yamachi, said "times have changed, and it's no longer a race to see how many useless companies you can get on your side".  He also said "People who play RPGs are"depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games"  ..... yea man that's the wrong mindset FROM THE JUMP.  IWATA HIMSELF critisized 3rd party during the Gamecube days and Miyamoto said the PS2 and it's 3rd parties were nothing to fear.  THEY DIDN'T WANT 3rd PARTY, and they didn't get it.  Nintendo doesn't play well with others, that's why the SNES CD doesn't exist and that's why the PS1 mopped the N64.  Lack 3rd party is solely Nintendo's fault

2. Nintendo fans brag about Nintendo's money 

Nintendo has enough money in the bank to fail for decades, so let them start over if they mess up rather than defend and damage control like the Wii U situation and support the handheld instead.  You guys have openly bragged a Nintendo commercial failure still makes a profit thanks to amiibos, so you don't have to lose any sleep at night.

3. A Console that isn't left to die has meager support

Nintendo fans were upset at the thought of the NX launching in 2016 because it would give the Wii U less value.... Guess what.... YOU GUYS AREN'T PLAYING ANY NINTENDO GAMES ON CONSOLE THIS YEAR. So? Horay?  Nice victory I guess.  Remember Operation Rainfall?  Those 3 games that Japan got 2 years before that we had to BEG FOR, yea those were the only non-shovelware releases....  Atlus is chipping in with 2nd party and you guys have that Mario V Sonic.... 

So after looking at the forums here I've come to the realization that Nintendo fans think the Wii U is OVERALL a great system with no 3rd party support, no 1st party in 2016.................. considering Nintendo fans bought millions of copies of Smash and Mario Kart, they helped the sales but it was ultimately a failure as it failed to outsell the Dreamcast in same timespan before discontinuation (2 years).  Anyways just a wake up call in the form of an OG Nintendo fan responding.  Looking at the Sales, I know Nintendo fans didn't let the Wii U die for lack of trying, but it did die as it deserved to.  Here's an OG Nintendo fan's response to Nintendo apologists.   Thanks guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpLHAAUzuEo

Paper Mario brah.

If the NX isn't a poor product it will fail regardless of what Nintendo faithful say/do/whatever.