By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Um, NX was NOT delayed!

Gamemaster87 said:
People want to believe that NX was delayed from 2016 to 2017 because they don't want to admit that they lost vgchartz civil war.

Meanwhile you were right?

Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:
People want to believe that NX was delayed from 2016 to 2017 because they don't want to admit that they lost vgchartz civil war.

Weren't you the guy who was basically harassed each time you mentioned "NX 2017!!!!"? lol.

OT:

It doesn't really concern that much. However..... I am afraid these extra few months will not be enough to solve whatever problems they are having with software development.

Yes it was.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

The fact that Zelda was delayed to launch along with the system, by proxy indicates that the system launch was indeed delayed too, even though a launch date hadn't technically been announced yet.

But Zelda has been developed for NX at least since it's first delay and was clearly always intended as a launch title for it . So the fact that Zelda got delayed (even though the game is likely near completion at this point) after initially being anticipated for 2016, means that Nintendo expected to be able to launch NX 2016 as well.
Something onvously went wrong with that.

It may not 'technically' be a delay, but it certainly is one in practise.

RolStoppable said:
There's still such a thing as an internal delay and that most definitely happened. Otherwise you are left with no explanation as to why Nintendo would tell investors that NX is going to be a key contributor to Nintendo-like profits in the fiscal year ending in March 2017 when only a few months later their projections don't match that anymore.

This post makes a lot of sense.  

I feel my thread contributed a small bit to annoying the OP.  I'd just like to say whether it was delayed or planned for 2017 from the start is irrelevant to my thread.  I should have made that clearer. 

Around the Network

Yes it was.

There is an extremely big chance that it was, I thought OP had some official statements, but it's just an opinion. Just because there was no date set doesn't mean that it wasn't originally intended to release earlier, it makes a whole lot more sense, both from a marketing and business perspective.

Common man the writing is on the wall it was delayed. So many signed point to it.

I really hope when a girl who likes you is talking to you, you notice all the signs.

Yep, Nintendo planned to release a console after the holidays (leaving them completely empty besides Pokemon) and without ever making an E3 appearance, totally logical!

3 month-ish delay isn't really even a "delay" in Nintendo terms, lol, it's just the standard margin of error for anything they release. Miitomo, a simple little smartphone app was like 3 months late. MyNintendo account sign up was a couple of months late. Virtually every game they make ends up being a couple of months late.

A 6-12+ month rescheduling is a "delay" in Nintendo terms, 3-4 months is just Nintendo being Nintendo.