By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Um, NX was NOT delayed!

iLikeEggs said:

Seriously. People are acting like Nintendo killed their dog. It's ridiculous. It was only announced to be talked about in 2016. which is what they are doing. 

they would not have told investors it would be the main  catylyst for their profits in this fical year if they were only planning to "talk about it in 2016  the only way NX cold have generateed enough revenue to significantly impact revenue and profit this fiscal year would have been to release for Holday 2016

Now that they have delayed till March 2017 it won t surprise me if they delay it again

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
No, but Zelda did. And that hurts my butt.

Your butt is covered by Statefarm  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

3-4 months is nothing for a Nintendo fan. I can do that in my sleep.

If you had told me NX would be delayed into 2017, my concern would have been something delayed into November 2017 with basically a horrible 2016 and all of 2017 almost waiting for it.

Slarvax said:

So, if the NX was indeed delayed from Holidays 2016 to March 2017, why was it? What will Nintendo accomplish in those extra 4-3 months that is so important to delay it?

I dont see it being Zelda, because, imo, having a huge game a few months after the system is launched gives it very good momentum.

Maybe they couldn't wrap up the console's final design in time to get enough of them mass produced before the holiday season?

LurkerJ said:
Gamemaster87 said:
People want to believe that NX was delayed from 2016 to 2017 because they don't want to admit that they lost vgchartz civil war.

Weren't you the guy who was basically harassed each time you mentioned "NX 2017!!!!"? lol.

OT:

It doesn't really concern that much. However..... I am afraid these extra few months will not be enough to solve whatever problems they are having with software development.

no, he was the guy who got harrassed every time he said Wii U would have a full 5 years of support and will have a bunch of major releases in 2017.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
iLikeEggs said:

Seriously. People are acting like Nintendo killed their dog. It's ridiculous. It was only announced to be talked about in 2016. which is what they are doing. 

they would not have told investors it would be the main  catylyst for their profits in this fical year if they were only planning to "talk about it in 2016  the only way NX cold have generateed enough revenue to significantly impact revenue and profit this fiscal year would have been to release for Holday 2016

Now that they have delayed till March 2017 it won t surprise me if they delay it again

That is true. You make a valid point. Nevertheless, if it means a more appropriate launch and better support/more games, then I am okay with it. I think they are trying their best to avoid another Wii U situation.

Hi

Even the Zelda delay, when they said 2016 I was absolutely sure it was for the Holidays. So, if it's now delayed to March 2017, it's only several months. It's not that bad.

I'd rather have a very immersive and expansive game which has been polished 'til the very end than a half-assed one. The release of a console Zelda game is always one of the major events that marks a generation.

iLikeEggs said:
Dunban67 said:

That is true. You make a valid point. Nevertheless, if it means a more appropriate launch and better support/more games, then I am okay with it. I think they are trying their best to avoid another Wii U situation.

I agree with you -  if they were not ready then they needed to delay-  IMO it is inexcusible that they were not ready given how long ago Iwata mentioned NX by name and how much they have already killed off the Wii U-  now this will be their 2nd holiday in a row with little to offer (relative to the importance of the holiday quater for all major games companies-   

The part that most frustrates me is they are holding back the Wii U version of Zelda-   Yes a good business case can be made to hold both versions for the NX launch however a good businesscase could be made using Zelda to get Wii U owners thru the next year and generate holiday revenes for Nintendo and still have the NX version for the NX launch-  it would take away some from it s impact for NX but it would do alot to make Wiii U owners not quite as upset-  Nintendo really shot the Wii U and the pople who bought it early and often-  they have treated soe of their most loyal customers/fans pretty poorly- 

People are claiming that NX was delayed because of software and 14nm chips. More than likely the real reason was to give investors profit boners. For me it seems a little convenient that it is releasing basically on the 1st of a new fiscal year.

This was planned, and the console was never delayed.

bigtakilla said:
People are claiming that NX was delayed because of software and 14nm chips. More than likely the real reason was to give investors profit boners. For me it seems a little convenient that it is releasing basically on the 1st of a new fiscal year.

This was planned, and the console was never delayed.

The delay claim tbh is one I feel that's being thrown around to make up for why it wasn't released during the period they thought it would. Imo Nintendo had a few options for when to release and chose March after looking at several factors like line up and so on.