By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Um, NX was NOT delayed!

Without knowing their original plans, it is definitely impossible to say, but I suspect that Nintendo was aiming for a holiday 2016 release

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

It was never officially announced to 2016 yes.
But Nintendo always aimed for a release this year. Every signs, clues was their, it was pretty obvious.

Why do you think zelda was delayed? If the NX was coming in 2016, so would have zelda.

The people who thought the NX was getting out in 2017 are just the one that didn't want the WiiU to be out so soon. And now they're saying that Nintendo was always aiming for march.

Lol, a manufacturer never aims at march. They aim at the holidays, and if they miss it, they release it later. That's all

gatito said:
MikeRox said:

If they intended to do something at a certain time and now are doing it later than originally intended when the project commenced, it is a delay.

The denial is real with this one.

Or do you think Zelda has been delayed to align with the NX launch, even though it was already delayed to 2016 for the NX launch?

I'm sorry but the idea that Zelda and NX were tied since the game's inception is also pure speculation. It was only after the multiple delays that people started suspecting a TP situation. Was the Wii delayed too just because of Zelda? Lol

I never said since inception. I said from the previous delay. When it went back into 2016 was the NX delay.

Twilight princess was clearly alot closer to completion when the decision was made. We saw a LOT more of the game before it was delayed for Wii. Zelda U isn't completed yet, so it's hardware being delayed for software. TP and Wii was software being delayed for hardware. Complete opposites.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Soundwave said:

3 month-ish delay isn't really even a "delay" in Nintendo terms, lol, it's just the standard margin of error for anything they release. Miitomo, a simple little smartphone app was like 3 months late. MyNintendo account sign up was a couple of months late. Virtually every game they make ends up being a couple of months late.

A 6-12+ month rescheduling is a "delay" in Nintendo terms, 3-4 months is just Nintendo being Nintendo.

I agree, Nintendo has been the king of delays fort the last 4 years.

Nintendo isn't perfect, they fucked up, it happens, it's not the first time, and it won't be the last, companies fucked up. What is more important is how they handle that fuck up.

Nintendo missed the holidays, they are missing E3, they have no games for the WiiU and Zelda is also missing the holidays (for the second time).

But if Zelda is amazing and steals the show at E3, if they make an Spaceworld for NX that blows people away, and if they have a great line up for the NX's launch, who will remember "that 2016 shitty year".

Soundwave said:

3 month-ish delay isn't really even a "delay" in Nintendo terms, lol, it's just the standard margin of error for anything they release. Miitomo, a simple little smartphone app was like 3 months late. MyNintendo account sign up was a couple of months late. Virtually every game they make ends up being a couple of months late.

A 12-24+ month rescheduling is a "delay" in Nintendo terms, 6-11 months is just Nintendo being Nintendo.

Fixed for you.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
A japanese paper called Nikkei asked president Tatsumi Kimishima:

Why Nintendo wasn’t launching the NX in time for this year’s big holiday season?
Kimishima explained that Nintendo wanted to make sure there were games to go along with the NX.

This I believe rather implies that it was supposed to have launched for the holiday season.
Also it makes sense.... its the usual time you launch a console.

How often do you see consoles launch right after the holidays?

Not necessarily, all that statement says is March was chosen instead of Q4 in order to prepare a better lineup, the's difference between a delay and chosing an option. They may have sat down and looked at the options for release and opted for March to give themselves more breathing space to get things right, consoles have launched in March every now and then, PS2, PS4, Xbox, N64, 3DS, DS. March is often the build up approach for a launch year as the platform builds up for the holiday in the launch year rather than relying on the holiday surge to take off.

It doesn't really mean a delay has happened tbh.

Technically, NX was never delayed, but Nintendo was most likely aiming for a Holiday 2016 release, but things didn't work out.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Teeqoz said:
Delay

1. To postpone until a later time

If Kimishima, you know, the CEO of Nintendo is to be believed, that is exactly what happened.

This. Op should also change his avy to a crow for this thread. Join us!

gatito said:

Where are you people getting this from? A Holiday 2016 release date was only wishful thinking and not very realistic.

Let's not make such bold statements, people might start believing it was actually delayed when it was not.

Nintendo never announced an official launch date at all, thus NX was never delayed.

at last quarter s finacial briefing thye told investors the NX and mobile would deliver the bulk of new revenue an dprofts for this fiscal year-   the only way that could have happend was for the NX to be released for holday 2016 sales-    So they had every intentio of releasing the NX  this year - they also leasded ALOT of space at e 3 this year as well-  but are now only having 1 playable game

Additionally look at thier stock over yesterday and today-  it is down 8.85%   on above avg volume -   So yes-  they did delay it

So, if the NX was indeed delayed from Holidays 2016 to March 2017, why was it? What will Nintendo accomplish in those extra 4-3 months that is so important to delay it?

I dont see it being Zelda, because, imo, having a huge game a few months after the system is launched gives it very good momentum.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988