By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Um, NX was NOT delayed!

MikeRox said:

If they intended to do something at a certain time and now are doing it later than originally intended when the project commenced, it is a delay.

The denial is real with this one.

Or do you think Zelda has been delayed to align with the NX launch, even though it was already delayed to 2016 for the NX launch?

I'm sorry but the idea that Zelda and NX were tied since the game's inception is also pure speculation. It was only after the multiple delays that people started suspecting a TP situation. Was the Wii delayed too just because of Zelda? Lol

Around the Network

Most people (me inlcuded) believe that NX was intended for 2016, thus it has been delayed. This thread won't change that and its not really worth you arguing about although there is plenty of logic backing this belief

If an official publication refers to it as "delayed " then thats another story as you can't run a headline off of speculation but state it as fact.

something to keep in mind is that we have literally no idea when the NX production was truly started. I think at this point a lot of us assumed that Nintendo has been working on the NX for a few years pretty solidly. at this point I'm not sure how long they have been strongly dedicated on it. Its quite possible that its not so much a delay as matching their original release window

if they really had been working on this project for a few years now then the odds are they would have a lot of software already pretty far in development. They clearly never were planning for a 2016 release. at any rate you don't plan for a solid release date until you have your hardware pretty far along and a pretty solid plan of action for first release titles

People need to stop assuming what goes on in Nintendo. they don't release press statements and have only vaguely even announced this system. stop imagining things and making up thing

A japanese paper called Nikkei asked president Tatsumi Kimishima:

Why Nintendo wasn’t launching the NX in time for this year’s big holiday season?
Kimishima explained that Nintendo wanted to make sure there were games to go along with the NX.

This I believe rather implies that it was supposed to have launched for the holiday season.
Also it makes sense.... its the usual time you launch a console.

How often do you see consoles launch right after the holidays?

Teeqoz said:

What other console has released worldwide in Q1?

PlayStation 2. Also 3DS, but maybe that doesn't count because it wasn't WW, it's a handheld and it struggled at launch.

Around the Network
gatito said:
Teeqoz said:

PlayStation 2. Also 3DS, but maybe that doesn't count because it wasn't WW, it's a handheld and it struggled at launch.

Made the holidays in Japan tho.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Not as hard as the people that believes expecting november is the same as march.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

gatito said:
Teeqoz said:

The PS2 didn't launch in Q1 worldwide. Its American release was in October, and its European release was in November. The only place it launched in Q1 was in Japan, which is the only place where a Q1 release makes somewhat sense.

People want to believe that NX was delayed from 2016 to 2017 because they don't want to admit that they lost vgchartz civil war.

It was delayed. There is a video on youtube talking about how it was intended to come out 2016 and it was recorded before the investors meeting.