By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Um, NX was NOT delayed!

RolStoppable said:
LurkerJ said:

What did the mods do? Curious. 

They edited my signature with a picture of a crow and some text. Thankfully, my polar bear assistant made me aware of this injustice. Said assistant also thinks that it was either Miguel or Carl who did it, so via a simple process of elimination we know that it was Miguel.

Yup. Definitely not Carl. He is very professional and wouldn't stoop that low.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that it could only be one those two, though. 

Around the Network

Yeah of course it was Nintendo's decision to release NX after holidays because they don't want NX to sell good...

Dr.Vita said:
Yeah of course it was Nintendo's decision to release NX after holidays because they don't want NX to sell good...

That drunken St. Patrick's Day crowd can be an all important shopping season.

Let GameMaster87 and bigtakilla have this, they need it.

Deep down it'll dawn on them soon enough that to play any more Nintendo console games they're going to have to pony up another $300+ in under 12 months because ain't shit coming out for that Wii U like they were banking on and it is indeed a gimped console cycle. This generation is over for Nintendo, it's evident now and we're not even half way through 2016.

Let them have the battle. The war for them is lost.

Three month delay is no big deal anyway, for a Nintendo fan that's being told wait an extra 5 minutes for something. I can do that delay in my sleep. Wanna try a real delay? Try hearing about this super awesome Super Nintendo CD drive that's coming. 32-bit, totally better than the Sega CD. OK Nintendo. So I wait one year. Deal with Sony. Then deal with Sony off. Then with Philips. Another year passes. Now all of the sudden CD-ROM sucks according to Nintendo but they're releasing this Project: Reality Silicon Graphics super 64-fucking-bit console. Holy shit! For late 1995. Then that's delayed to spring 1996. Then delayed to fall 1996.

I was so pissed off at that point that I purchased my first non-Nintendo console, the original Playstation the very next week.

I agree with OP. People should stop bitching. If Nintendo would release the NX for this holiday season, people would scream fail at Nintendo for repeating the same mistake and launching a console without games.

Whatever you do, you do it wrong.

I am more concerned about the E3.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Deep down it'll dawn on them soon enough that to play any more Nintendo console games they're going to have to pony up another $300+ in under 12 months because ain't shit coming out for that Wii U like they were banking on and it is indeed a gimped console cycle. This generation is over for Nintendo, it's evident now and we're not even half way through 2016.

Three month delay is no big deal anyway, for a Nintendo fan that's being told wait an extra 5 minutes for something. I can do that delay in my sleep. Wanna try a real delay? Try hearing about this super awesome Super Nintendo CD drive that's coming. 32-bit, totally better than the Sega CD. OK Nintendo. So I wait one year. Deal with Sony. Then deal with Sony off. Then with Philips. Another year passes. Now all of the sudden CD-ROM sucks according to Nintendo but they're releasing this Project: Reality Silicon Graphics super 64-fucking-bit console. Holy shit! For late 1995. Then that's delayed to spring 1996. Then delayed to fall 1996.

I was so pissed off at that point that I purchased my first non-Nintendo console, the original Playstation the very next week.

You assume I wasn't expecting it, lol. I did however not expect to in 8 months, and look who was right. 

As for proof I was looking at a 2017 release and not just the holiday.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7734116

So you and everyone else who says I did can stop now. You and them are wrong, again.

So excuse me now while I

Looks like I won the battle and the war.

bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:

You assume I wasn't expecting it, lol. I did however not expect to in 8 months, and look who was right. 

So you and everyone else who says I did can stop now. You and them are wrong, again.

So excuse me now while I

You were still expecting a traditional 5 year cycle for the Wii U and you were hoping for several more games including a Metroid.

So no, you lost the war. You got a date right because Nintendo delayed the system by 3 months.

You keep pushing the gloating factor because you know you were wrong about the Wii U and need to cling to this 3 month delay to save face. Be happy you weren't GameMaster87, he totally drank the kool-aid full stop and still thinks the Wii U will have more than 4 year product cycle (really I'd say 3 1/2 years is actually more accurate).

Nintendo ditched the Wii U for the NX, can you at least admit that? It's so blatantly obvious at this point.

Miguel_Zorro said:

I've seen some entertaining things from hard core Nintendo fans, but having a passionate and in some cases angry debate about whether 2017 means "2017" is a new level of special.

This sounds like serious business.

Some people just don't get that 2017 is 2017.

Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

So excuse me now while I

You were still expecting a traditional 5 year cycle for the Wii U and you were hoping for several more games including a Metroid.

So no, you lost the war. You got a date right because Nintendo delayed the system by 3 months.

You keep pushing the gloating factor because you know you were wrong about the Wii U and need to cling to this 3 month delay to save face.

I just showed proof I was expecting it to be replaced anytime in 2017, and you're clinging to.... Whatever it is you're clinging to. Lol.

bigtakilla said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

I've seen some entertaining things from hard core Nintendo fans, but having a passionate and in some cases angry debate about whether 2017 means "2017" is a new level of special.

This sounds like serious business.

Some people just don't get that 2017 is 2017.

but...but....delay..