By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Um, NX was NOT delayed!

KLXVER said:
bigtakilla said:

Some people just don't get that 2017 is 2017.

but...but....delay..

Oh well that changes everything, lol. 2017 is obviously 2016.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:

You were still expecting a traditional 5 year cycle for the Wii U and you were hoping for several more games including a Metroid.

So no, you lost the war. You got a date right because Nintendo delayed the system by 3 months.

You keep pushing the gloating factor because you know you were wrong about the Wii U and need to cling to this 3 month delay to save face.

I just showed proof I was expecting it to be replaced anytime in 2017, and you're clinging to.... Whatever it is you're clinging to. Lol.

No you have said on this board that you were expecting more Wii U support, including a Metroid game. So you're not going to admit that Nintendo ditched the Wii U for the NX?

For the record too, my position was this:

1.) Nintendo abandoned the Wii U because I have followed Nintendo for about 20+ years and what was happening the last 2 years without a single EAD-only project (everything was farmed out) was a tell-tale sign that Nintendo had backed off the system in favor of its next platform among several other obvious signs.

2.) Nintendo was aiming to release the NX in fall 2016, but a delay is always possible with Nintendo, the specific analogy I used several times was Nintendo is a company that would be late to its own funeral.

3.) Wii U as a result will not have a traditional 5 year cycle. I also (correctly) stated in Animal Crossing threads that there would be no "real" Animal Crossing game for the Wii U. Nintendo would not waste a big IP on a platform they've internally given up on.

To say that Nintendo planned it this way is also absurd, they obviously wanted NX for fall 2016, if they didn't they wouldn't have left the Wii U with its pants down and only 1 game for the entire second half of the year. Nintendo has never had a primary console with a holiday line up this weak.

gatito said:

Where are you people getting this from? A Holiday 2016 release date was only wishful thinking and not very realistic.

Let's not make such bold statements, people might start believing it was actually delayed when it was not.

Nintendo never announced an official launch date at all, thus NX was never delayed.

You are absolutely correct. Since the NX never had a release date to begin with, how could it be delayed.

But let's be honest here. This is Nintendo we're talking about. Come March 2017 the games for NX won't be ready and E3 2017 will only be three months away. I fully believe the NX will be delayed come next March and will be revealed at E3 2017 with a worldwide release shortly after.

So a NX delay is probably going to happen. Won't surprise me at all. No console has EVER been released before it was shown at E3.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

SonytendoAmiibo said:
gatito said:

Where are you people getting this from? A Holiday 2016 release date was only wishful thinking and not very realistic.

Let's not make such bold statements, people might start believing it was actually delayed when it was not.

Nintendo never announced an official launch date at all, thus NX was never delayed.

You are absolutely correct. Since the NX never had a release date to begin with, how could it be delayed.

But let's be honest here. This is Nintendo we're talking about. Come March 2017 the games for NX won't be ready and E3 2017 will only be three months away. I fully believe the NX will be delayed come next March and will be revealed at E3 2017 with a worldwide release shortly after.

So a NX delay is probably going to happen. Won't surprise me at all. No console has EVER been released before it was shown at E3.

It could happen but Nintendo's own guidance for this fiscal year shows they are banking on NX to replace Wii U revenue.

When they felt they couldn't make holiday 2016, they likely moved to the next important date for them, fiscal year end 2016 which is March 31st 2017. I do think they want the system out by then so they can at least have some benefit for the fiscal year if they can't have the calendar year.

2-4 month delays usually means Nintendo was sincere in trying to make a particular date, it's when you have delays of 6-12+ months that sometimes you know they were lying out their ass about a release date. But I think this was genuine simply a 3-4 month delay, nothing more, nothing less. 

Miguel_Zorro said:

I've seen some entertaining things from hard core Nintendo fans, but having a passionate and in some cases angry debate about whether 2017 means "2017" is a new level of special.

This sounds like serious business.

Having just been an observer of the process. There was much more going on than just 2016 vs 2017. That thread oversimplify the arguments into something binary. Now anyone who even thought holiday 2017 is considered right while those considering  holiday 2016 are wrong while they were 4 months closer. More options should have been given in that thread so that only people expecting it in a smaller window should have been right.

A sad thing is that that one thread has tainted so many other threads and discussions. Just look at thisd thread, you have some of team 2017 saying done discussion doesn't matter when this isn't the vs thread or its aftermath.

While some of team 2016 took posting in the thread as a bet, others didn't. If the members pushing them to change avatars because of what was implied in that thread to the statements about NX, they too would be saying it's proof it will come out in 2016.

For something fun many of you come across as bad winners.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:
Wonktonodi said:

Having just been an observer of the process. There was much more going on than just 2016 vs 2017. That thread oversimplify the arguments into something binary. Now anyone who even thought holiday 2017 is considered right while those considering  holiday 2016 are wrong while they were 4 months closer. More options should have been given in that thread so that only people expecting it in a smaller window should have been right.

A sad thing is that that one thread has tainted so many other threads and discussions. Just look at thisd thread, you have some of team 2017 saying done discussion doesn't matter when this isn't the vs thread or its aftermath.

While some of team 2016 took posting in the thread as a bet, others didn't. If the members pushing them to change avatars because of what was implied in that thread to the statements about NX, they too would be saying it's proof it will come out in 2016.

For something fun many of you come across as bad winners.

The point is that this is a silly thing to get worked up about.  The original thread was obviously flawed, which is why I didn't post in it in the first place.  Just as those now seeking to qualify their position shouldn't have posted in it.   I'm not sure who you mean by "many of you".

You guys are all taking this far too seriously.

I mean, those that picked 2017 and have to bring up winning all time even in other threads, as well as those hounding those they feel lost. Those who weren't in it but also hounding members who picked 2016, and those who weren't in it but also oversimplifying the discussion in other threads, and helping perpetuate the winner/loser mentality.

In case you still have doubt I include you. Your comment in this thread oversimplify the arguments people are making, and you used "new level of special"  to describe them. 

Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

I just showed proof I was expecting it to be replaced anytime in 2017, and you're clinging to.... Whatever it is you're clinging to. Lol.

No you have said on this board that you were expecting more Wii U support, including a Metroid game. So you're not going to admit that Nintendo ditched the Wii U for the NX?

For the record too, my position was this:

1.) Nintendo abandoned the Wii U because I have followed Nintendo for about 20+ years and what was happening the last 2 years without a single EAD-only project (everything was farmed out) was a tell-tale sign that Nintendo had backed off the system in favor of its next platform among several other obvious signs.

2.) Nintendo was aiming to release the NX in fall 2016, but a delay is always possible with Nintendo, the specific analogy I used several times was Nintendo is a company that would be late to its own funeral.

3.) Wii U as a result will not have a traditional 5 year cycle. I also (correctly) stated in Animal Crossing threads that there would be no "real" Animal Crossing game for the Wii U. Nintendo would not waste a big IP on a platform they've internally given up on.

To say that Nintendo planned it this way is also absurd, they obviously wanted NX for fall 2016, if they didn't they wouldn't have left the Wii U with its pants down and only 1 game for the entire second half of the year. Nintendo has never had a primary console with a holiday line up this weak.

To fill in for the holiday 2016 slot. 

And it depends on "ditch the Wii U", it will probably still get Bloodstained and Zelda U, maybe something unnannounced. 

Soundwave said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:

It could happen but Nintendo's own guidance for this fiscal year shows they are banking on NX to replace Wii U revenue.

When they felt they couldn't make holiday 2016, they likely moved to the next important date for them, fiscal year end 2016 which is March 31st 2017. I do think they want the system out by then so they can at least have some benefit for the fiscal year if they can't have the calendar year.

2-4 month delays usually means Nintendo was sincere in trying to make a particular date, it's when you have delays of 6-12+ months that sometimes you know they were lying out their ass about a release date. But I think this was genuine simply a 3-4 month delay, nothing more, nothing less. 

Nintendo had no choice but to tell investors the NX will launch this physical business year. The very END of this physical business year, March 2017. How is one month of NX sales going to save the entire 2016 business year?

It can't. And 2016 will be a write off. NX profits will begin in physical business year 2017 giving the NX a whole year of profits, instead of cannibalizing one month of profits to try and save 2016.

NX will be delayed to physical business year 2017.

Also a guy who knows this other guy says the name of the NX will be........

The Nintendo AMIIBOTRON. (purchase of amiibo required for use, sold separately)

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Hahahahahahahahahaha Shit, Armageddon has broken out over that thread I did. Here's a thing for some of the people still salty over it, it simply asked you for the year as to avoid all the faffing about and loopholes yet some are still going mental over it. It's like complaining at a bookies that the other team won a game because of an own goal so it doesn't count.

Fact is many of the Salty Syndicate posted in the thread in anticipation to return and wreak havoc on the 2017 camp so they didn't have a problem querying the fact that the thread only asked for the year as it was clearly stated yet the second they lost it became an issue. I know the 2017 camp would have been roasted to high heaven had they been wrong, if Nintendo had said NX is out September 2016 I very much think the 2016 camp would have taken that victory hands on despite it not being Q4.

Come on man lets just admit it those of us who thought 2016 got owned hard hence our crow avatars, to those who are being good sports I commend you, it was all in good fun even I thought it was going to be 2016 tbh, we're wrong but no worries same time for VGC Infinity Wars.

As for anyone still querying the whole situation and is unhappy about it I can only offer you this limited edition Amiibo.

Wyrdness said:
Hahahahahahahahahaha Shit, Armageddon has broken out over that thread I did. Here's a thing for some of the people still salty over it, it simply asked you for the year as to avoid all the faffing about and loopholes yet some are still going mental over it. It's like complaining at a bookies that the other team won a game because of an own goal so it doesn't count.

Fact is many of the Salty Syndicate posted in the thread in anticipation to return and wreak havoc on the 2017 camp so they didn't have a problem querying the fact that the thread only asked for the year as it was clearly stated yet the second they lost it became an issue. I know the 2017 camp would have been roasted to high heaven had they been wrong, if Nintendo had said NX is out September 2016 I very much think the 2016 camp would have taken that victory hands on despite it not being Q4.

Come on man lets just admit it those of us who thought 2016 got owned hard hence our crow avatars, to those who are being good sports I commend you, it was all in good fun even I thought it was going to be 2016 tbh, we're wrong but no worries same time for VGC Infinity Wars.

As for anyone still querying the whole situation and is unhappy about it I can only offer you this limited edition Amiibo.

The first amiibo I should buy, lol. 

That reminds me, damn I need to buy Shulk!!!