By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Um, NX was NOT delayed!

I love the just sad and grey packaging of Salty.lol

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

You still don't get it. Many of the 2016 crowd were involved in long arguments regarding NX launch and Wii U software support before you made your thread. The long debates were the entire reason why you made your thread. Now you are saying that none of that counts anymore and of course that's something a lot of people won't agree with, especially because they were right.

"Got owned hard" goes to the people who were convinced that the Wii U would get games beyond 2016. Although with your attitude you would point at the delayed Zelda U as proof to the contrary. "See, the Wii U is getting a first party game in 2017. The 2017 crowd was right."

For you personally the year 2016 probably didn't go beyond a guess, but others were a lot more involved. If you were only guessing the year, you obviously had no arguments to bring forward, so acting like no arguments existed has no effect on you.

Rol you can argue it all you like and tbh I don't care as I thought 2016 but fact is we lost even if it is by default, we got owned plain and simple, I had a stance on why I thought 2016 but the thing is I never took the whole thing as serious as some of you are, if you want to carry on about the topic go argue it with the 2017 mob, if a football team wins with an own goal they still win. It's all in good fun so no need to turn it into something else.

The reason I made the thread was because all of you kept going on about it.

I'm only looking ahead to see Zelda, what the NX is like and the next thread for good fun. As I said anyone who still has a problem check the last part of the previous post.

RolStoppable said:
Wyrdness said:

Rol you can argue it all you like and tbh I don't care as I thought 2016 but fact is we lost even if it is by default, we got owned plain and simple, I had a stance on why I thought 2016 but the thing is I never took the whole thing as serious as some of you are, if you want to carry on about the topic go argue it with the 2017 mob, if a football team wins with an own goal they still win. It's all in good fun so no need to turn it into something else.

The reason I made the thread was because all of you kept going on about it.

I'm only looking ahead to see Zelda, what the NX is like and the next thread for good fun. As I said anyone who still has a problem check the last part of the previous post.

Something ceases to be good fun when the decision-making process is heavily onesided and plain unfair. I don't see why I should sport a crow avatar after Nintendo's recent announcements while people who were convinced that the Wii U would get more games get a free pass. Even less so when I didn't agree to any sort of bet in the first place.

The entire incident would have been much less of an issue if it had been handled better. Unfortunately, there was a terrible referee who failed at establishing proper rules and employing proper judgment. Like I said in my first response to your Civil War thread after Nintendo's recent announcements, the best option under these circumstances would be to declare no winners. You failed.

He didnt fail. It was a very easy thing to understand. 2016 or 2017. You pick the wrong one and you have to get a crow avatar. Not exactly rocket science.

RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:

He didnt fail. It was a very easy thing to understand. 2016 or 2017. You pick the wrong one and you have to get a crow avatar. Not exactly rocket science.

Come back to me in a month when StarOcean has had a crow avatar for 30 days.

I dont even know what that means...

RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:

I dont even know what that means...

He went with 2016 in the Civil War thread, but he is not going to fulfill his end of the "bet".

Well if it hurts his pride that much, then Im not going to bother him with it.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
RolStoppable said:

He went with 2016 in the Civil War thread, but he is not going to fulfill his end of the "bet".

Well if it hurts his pride that much, then Im not going to bother him with it.

He wouldn't be the only one. I'm also at the point where if it really hurts peoples feelings that much, whatever. 2017 won.

This thread is amazing.

KLXVER said:

Could have been intended for holiday 2017, but Nintendo realized that they would have no games between holiday 2016 through October 2017 for the WiiU, so they moved the launch to march 2017.

Except Zelda was moved to holiday 2016 upon plans for NX.

superchunk said:
KLXVER said:

Could have been intended for holiday 2017, but Nintendo realized that they would have no games between holiday 2016 through October 2017 for the WiiU, so they moved the launch to march 2017.

Thats the popular belief.

KLXVER said:
superchunk said:

Thats the popular belief.

...and the only one supported by data.