Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One has sold 18 million units worldwide, eSports CEO reveals

WoodenPints said:
Wouldn't surprise me to see an article tomorrow saying the Xbox One has sold an estimated 25m and then another article next Wednesday saying its sold an estimated 13M.

Wouldn't surprise me either, there always seems to be too much of these claims.

@CGI actually no it doesn't it's just "sources" that are just click-baiting.

@AEGRO 13 million? combined sales for USA,UK,France,Germany already says it should be over that number so saying it could sold only 13 million is straight up false and bullshit.

@Grib there are people that want the X1 to be overtracked, if you want to see who then look at a mirror.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
nobody knows... and certainly not this guy or gribble (who acts like he knows for sure in this thread for some reason).

this guy gribble knows noting about sales
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=215357&page=1#

You sure do love making threads about Xone sales.........

And doesn't the thing you posted based on early January 2016? While VGC is nearing April now.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

hhehhe said:

I've never said I do know anything about sales. In fact I go out of my way to say I don't.

2 posts ... What alt are you?

The PS5 Exists. 

MS told me xb1 has sold -1ml

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
HUGE overtracking if true.

If only Microsoft would reveal official numbers instead of silly figures like how many zombies have people killed in DR3, or how many miles in Forza, etc.

But I love hearing about how many press's of the A button there was or the Y button, those really let me know both how popular the system is, and just how much tracking goes on of the users of that system.

I always cringe at those figures if I'm honest, unless it's just an estimation the thought of each lap you do in Forza been watched and recorded has a hamster in a wheel feeling to it.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Jranation said:
You sure do love making threads about Xone sales.........

And doesn't the thing you posted based on early January 2016? While VGC is nearing April now.

It's a sales website so yes anytime something relating to one of the big 3 surfaces it's going to be posted.  

And yes it's April now meaning if this was true it's still a good bit overtracked because x1 hasnt sold much since. 

Ganoncrotch said:
AEGRO said:
HUGE overtracking if true.

If only Microsoft would reveal official numbers instead of silly figures like how many zombies have people killed in DR3, or how many miles in Forza, etc.

But I love hearing about how many press's of the A button there was or the Y button, those really let me know both how popular the system is, and just how much tracking goes on of the users of that system.

I always cringe at those figures if I'm honest, unless it's just an estimation the thought of each lap you do in Forza been watched and recorded has a hamster in a wheel feeling to it.

Yeah, it is pretty Cringe Worthy.

I dont know who is in charge of Microsoft PR this gen, but man...with all that money they could hire a more capable team.

GribbleGrunger said:
hhehhe said:

I've never said I do know anything about sales. In fact I go out of my way to say I don't.

No you dont.  You are very definitive in this very thread

"Overtracked for certain."  Definitive.

"But I think we can safely say VGC has overtracked the XB1. It's like to be just under 20m as far as I'm concerned"  Definitive.  Although "as far as I am concerned" is amusing given you have no more information other than what everyone else has.  This article also has PS4 600k 'overtracked' v VGC I believe...?

"So you think the XB1 has sold OVER 2.7m since January? Where exactly are these sales coming from?"  So you are accepting the 18m as gospel seeing as you ask for confirmation from another poster of 2.7m since January.

Now, you may be right with your GUESS, but you simply have no way of knowing which makes you cock sure definitive statements seem very odd.  At least admit that you are guessing (and hoping).

I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995

kowenicki said:
GribbleGrunger said:

No you dont.  You are very definitive in this very thread

"Overtracked for certain."  Definitive.

"But I think we can safely say VGC has overtracked the XB1. It's like to be just under 20m as far as I'm concerned"  Definitive.  Although "as far as I am concerned" is amusing given you have no more information other than what everyone else has.  This article also has PS4 600k 'overtracked' v VGC I believe...?

"So you think the XB1 has sold OVER 2.7m since January? Where exactly are these sales coming from?"  So you are accepting the 18m as gospel seeing as you ask for confirmation from another poster of 2.7m since January.

Now, you may be right with your GUESS, but you simply have no way of knowing which makes you cock sure definitive statements seem very odd.  At least admit that you are guessing (and hoping).

Why should be "hoping" that the Xbox One is under 20m?