By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One has sold 18 million units worldwide, eSports CEO reveals

Jigsawx1 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I'm confused by this. VGC has it at 20.7m. That looks 'overtracked' by over 2 million to me.

this numbers were actual for end off jan (19 million)

Now we are at the end of april 3 more months away from this time point.  So 2 million in 3 months sounds possible to me.(Global) and every quarter we se from the gfk numbers (same then npd in the us) that it´s undertracked in germany  and in france by more than 200k combined. because of this i think Xone is at 21 million + at the moment

Ummm no.

Last year alone, Xbox One+360 sold 1.6 Million consoles from Jan-March. What makes you think Xbox One will sell more than 2-3MM in Jan-March

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:
Jigsawx1 said:

this numbers were actual for end off jan (19 million)

Now we are at the end of april 3 more months away from this time point.  So 2 million in 3 months sounds possible to me.(Global) and every quarter we se from the gfk numbers (same then npd in the us) that it´s undertracked in germany  and in france by more than 200k combined. because of this i think Xone is at 21 million + at the moment

Ummm no.

Last year alone, Xbox One+360 sold 1.6 Million consoles from Jan-March. What makes you think Xbox One will sell more than 2M in Jan-March

Ummm Yes Xone Numbers grow YoY in the Us/ UK/ Ger/ France/ perhaps in other european countries too we dont know. Vgchartz is undertracking Xone by 500-1000 Units in germany every week since more than one year, for example. You can see it in the Gfk Numbers there is a gap between vgchartz and Gfk by more than 110k units in germany and  100k+ in france. 1 1/2 year ago the numbers were the same!

WoodenPints said:
Wouldn't surprise me to see an article tomorrow saying the Xbox One has sold an estimated 25m and then another article next Wednesday saying its sold an estimated 13M.

I know which I would believe

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Jigsawx1 said:
ironmanDX said:
Wasn't it confirmed 19 million in January though?

Yes! Xone sold more than 19 million units at the end of Jan. At this point vgchartz undertracked Xone in Germany by 110K and in France by 100 k (both you can see in gfk numbers)

GribbleGrunger said:

So you think the XB1 has sold OVER 2.7m since January? Where exactly are these sales coming from?

I think Xone sold around 1,8- 2,0 million units in a quarter (from 19 million to 21 million) 900k In North America (Usa/Canada/ Mexico) and 900k -1100k in rest of World (Europe/South America/ Asia/ Africa)

VG Chartz, states that it sell over 100-150 Thousands per week Worldwide, this is a average of 400-600 Thousands per Month, this statement track something from 2 months and a half ago, this can be 1 Million or 1.5 Millions.

Swordmasterman said:
Jigsawx1 said:

Yes! Xone sold more than 19 million units at the end of Jan. At this point vgchartz undertracked Xone in Germany by 110K and in France by 100 k (both you can see in gfk numbers)

I think Xone sold around 1,8- 2,0 million units in a quarter (from 19 million to 21 million) 900k In North America (Usa/Canada/ Mexico) and 900k -1100k in rest of World (Europe/South America/ Asia/ Africa)

VG Chartz, states that it sell over 100-150 Thousands per week Worldwide, this is a average of 400-600 Thousands per Month, this statement track something from 2 months and a half ago, this can be 1 Million or 1.5 Millions.

No the statement is from 23 rd jan we have 21 april (3 months) 3x 6 = 18!

And Vghartz is undertracking Xone in Europe.........

Around the Network
Jigsawx1 said:
Swordmasterman said:

You are right, but just because it's undertaking in parts of Europe, that doesn't mean it isn't overtracking elsewhere.

Jigsawx1 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Ummm no.

Last year alone, Xbox One+360 sold 1.6 Million consoles from Jan-March. What makes you think Xbox One will sell more than 2M in Jan-March

Ummm Yes Xone Numbers grow YoY in the Us/ UK/ Ger/ France/ perhaps in other european countries too we dont know. Vgchartz is undertracking Xone by 500-1000 Units in germany every week since more than one year, for example. You can see it in the Gfk Numbers there is a gap between vgchartz and Gfk by more than 110k units in germany and  100k+ in france. 1 1/2 year ago the numbers were the same!

Vgchartz-GFK Germany gap 40K

Vgchartz-GFK France gap 0

Ok.

Jigsawx1 said:
Swordmasterman said:

So you want to say that the guy's Statement is undertracked, and also Vg Chartz's Statement ?, with this statement of January, we can think that maybe Xbox One, still don't surpassed the 20 Millions of units sold, January, and February, are hard months for Consoles, i think that Xbox One, sold under 180-150k on USA, on January, and was little down on February, i don't think that it could have sold this much to jump from 18 Millions, to 21 Millions, while sales are down even on USA, and while not even PS4, sold this much in the same time, and PS4, is out-selling for 2-3x the Xbox One.

Would be much easier if Microsoft, allowed some official numbers to came into public.

Naufraguito said:
How many estimations will come???

This doesnt sound like a estimation.

JRPGfan said:

This doesnt sound like a estimation.

Don't forget this is from January:

UPDATE: Gfinity has contacted MCV to clarify that Upton's numbers are based on the previously referenced figures from January and not on official Microsoft data.

But I think we can safely say VGC has overtracked the XB1. It's like to be just under 20m as far as I'm concerned.

The PS5 Exists.