Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One has sold 18 million units worldwide, eSports CEO reveals

AEGRO said:
kowenicki said:

No you dont.  You are very definitive in this very thread

"Overtracked for certain."  Definitive.

"But I think we can safely say VGC has overtracked the XB1. It's like to be just under 20m as far as I'm concerned"  Definitive.  Although "as far as I am concerned" is amusing given you have no more information other than what everyone else has.  This article also has PS4 600k 'overtracked' v VGC I believe...?

"So you think the XB1 has sold OVER 2.7m since January? Where exactly are these sales coming from?"  So you are accepting the 18m as gospel seeing as you ask for confirmation from another poster of 2.7m since January.

Now, you may be right with your GUESS, but you simply have no way of knowing which makes you cock sure definitive statements seem very odd.  At least admit that you are guessing (and hoping).

Why should be "hoping" that the Xbox One is under 20m?

No idea.  You'd have to ask him.

I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995

Around the Network

I always knew that Xbox One was overtracked during holiday season on VGChartz!

Dr.Vita said:
I always knew that Xbox One was overtracked during holiday season on VGChartz!

you did.... how?

I'm not really here!

darkenergy said:
WoodenPints said:
Wouldn't surprise me to see an article tomorrow saying the Xbox One has sold an estimated 25m and then another article next Wednesday saying its sold an estimated 13M.

Wouldn't surprise me either, there always seems to be too much of these claims.

That's what happens when you don't have any official info from the head honchos. As for some of the posts in here, some of you are cuttin' it close. Agree/disagree without calling people out.

So, right now, PS4 is WELL ABOVE twice as X1 in the Global; this is why MS stopped to release Official figures...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
darkenergy said:

Wouldn't surprise me either, there always seems to be too much of these claims.

That's what happens when you don't have any official info from the head honchos. As for some of the posts in here, some of you are cuttin' it close. Agree/disagree without calling people out.

People are making definitive statements based on nothing.  Perfectly fine to point that out and wonder why.

I'm not really here!

might be overtraced then.

Already updated. Its only an estimate: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sales-put-at-18-million-update/1100-6439045/

Huge grain of salt here. Seems to be far too low with the other figures we've gotten.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

Already updated. Its only an estimate: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sales-put-at-18-million-update/1100-6439045/

Huge grain of salt here. Seems to be far too low with the other figures we've gotten.

Yep. Which anyone should have known. 

I'm not really here!

kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:

People are making definitive statements based on nothing.  Perfectly fine to point that out and wonder why.

It isn't perfectly fine to call people out, no matter if it's based on fact or not - which also isn't the same as debating a viewpoint. I shouldn't have to tell you the difference.