By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the outrage towards PS4K proof that console gamers care more about performance and visuals than they're willing to admit?

At first i was against it but now i like the idea and the fact that no only PSK games. This is going to fix the graphical problems with the psvr to make it a success and also for Sony to sell most of the 4KTVs. The success of VR is more important for the market as there are many applications that would like to use it.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Soundwave said:

Yeah they care so much that they're asking for another $400 mid-generation. 

which they make zero money of 

Dafuq...

TallSilhouette said:
Ruler said:

which they make zero money of 

Dafuq...

Sony doesnt make any money with the consoles sales themselfs, or something like 20$ if anything. 

This is just like the new 3DS, I don't see any problem with the ps4 neo, unless they start producing games with the ps4 neo hw in mind that will run terribly on the old ps4. In that case, shame on Sony and the developers. Hopefully Sony won't allow it...

There is not outrage. Sony can do anything and people will still idolatrate them.

Around the Network

I have no problems with the PS4 Neo if the latest rumour/report about not making exclusive games for it are true and if PS4 games still run as they are now (i.e. 1080p/30fps).

AlfredoTurkey said:
vivster said:

Feels that way to me. All these years the power of the PS4 was totally fine and the games look AMAZING and the human eye can't see faster than 24fps.

But when they're suddenly presented with a better choice they start to feel inferior. Why though? If the current performance of the PS4 is totally fine and in no way underpowered, why be scared of useless hardware improvements that won't improve the games in any way?

If the rumors are true and there will be no exclusive content for PS4K then I can only conclude two possible things about people who hate it.

1. Money envy. They're not able to afford all the newest things and hate if other people can buy better products.

2. Hidden regret. They suddenly realize that if Sony apparently deems the PS4 too weak, they feel as if they were wrong all along and the PS4 is actually underpowered despite their furious claims.

Anyway I don't like it. For once Sony does everything right and is about to reclaim my lost faith in them and there are people who try to hate on it for their own selfish reasons.

Knock it off, guys. Let Sony be great again! The claim that the release of a better console version will in any way hurt the juggernaught that is the PS4 is ridiculous.

I hate it because I feel a 5 year cycle is good for the industry and speeding it up is going to hurt it. These aren't smart phones. People can live without a fucking game console and if these companies think they can get away with a 3 year cycle, we're headed for a pretty steep decline.

Well there are upsides to, usually by the time a new system comes out the old one will be worth hardly anything. If you buy a PS4.5 you will likely still get about $200-$250 for your PS4. And in turn that PS4.5 will have higher value after three years to. Really you're only looking at an extra investment of about $100 in 6 years, and the PS4 will likely get longer support than with a new system after 5 years. And all those used PS4's will allow people on a tighter budget to get PS4 aswell.

vivster said:

the human eye can't see faster than 24fps.

vivster said:

But when they're suddenly presented with a better choice they start to feel inferior. Why though?

A "better choice" by definition is superior to the "inferior choice".

vivster said:

If the current performance of the PS4 is totally fine and in no way underpowered, why be scared of useless hardware improvements that won't improve the games in any way?

Future is unknown and the unknown can be scary hence some are concerned. Will the rumored ps4k really offer better performance overall than the older ps4? Will games be released that perform worse on the old ps4/better on the new ps4k?

Currently, as far as I know, we only have questions and irritating rumors attempting to answer those questions or maybe they're trying to deceive you and everytime you get on the internet, another rumor pops up and everyone's speculating and raging and you claw your eyes out because you don't know and not knowing is really lame and e3 can't come soon enough and the wait just feels like an eternity since you're looking forward to getting answers but every day until then is just more rumors and speculation.

S***.

vivster said:

Feels that way to me. All these years the power of the PS4 was totally fine and the games look AMAZING and the human eye can't see faster than 24fps.

But when they're suddenly presented with a better choice they start to feel inferior. Why though? If the current performance of the PS4 is totally fine and in no way underpowered, why be scared of useless hardware improvements that won't improve the games in any way?

If the rumors are true and there will be no exclusive content for PS4K then I can only conclude two possible things about people who hate it.

1. Money envy. They're not able to afford all the newest things and hate if other people can buy better products.

2. Hidden regret. They suddenly realize that if Sony apparently deems the PS4 too weak, they feel as if they were wrong all along and the PS4 is actually underpowered despite their furious claims.

Anyway I don't like it. For once Sony does everything right and is about to reclaim my lost faith in them and there are people who try to hate on it for their own selfish reasons.

Knock it off, guys. Let Sony be great again! The claim that the release of a better console version will in any way hurt the juggernaught that is the PS4 is ridiculous.

I'm guessing this thread is not for those of us with PC's that shit all over the PS4, XONE combined and also play on consoles? Money envy is no issue... I also looked at these consoles as weak from the begining because they have garbage CPU's with GPU capabilities that could barely be considered mid-range at launch. Where do I fit in, I feel left out. :(

I get that you are joking around but you only pulled at straws and provided no decent argument at all. If anything your argument only shows or imply's how easy your typical console player can be swayed due to ignorance imo.

Buyers remorse from early adopters, a lot of people bought it early for the "potential" and because it was the strongest system after all. It´s no coincidence that Sony declared even they didn´t know why it sold so well out of the gate. Anyway just my 2cents just wait for the actual successoe/PS5.