By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the outrage towards PS4K proof that console gamers care more about performance and visuals than they're willing to admit?

Pavolink said:
POE said:
There is not outrage. Sony can do anything and people will still idolatrate them.

This. In fact, I've seen excitement, not outrage.

Yup. Sony has made a tremendous job making people believe they are perfect.

Around the Network
Areaz32 said:
ZahaDoom said:

If that's true then Sony just put the kibosh on Psvr selling well, because according to you the 40million ps4's are insufficient to run VR, and we all need the ps4k to have the ideal experience.

A two tired console generation just creates two classes of citizen, and that never turns out well.

But this is just not  true. You only need the upgrade if you want really really high fidelity graphics in VR.

Everything we have been shown so far has been running on regular PS4 hardware.

Well that contradicts all the posts saying the ps4 can't handle vr, or can't keep up with the pc's vr (which it doesn't need to), there's about 20+ posts in this thread alone that say it's to help with VR, why is it nessasary when what we've been shown so far works fine on the current ps4. Some of you are saying it won't fracture the player base but then go on to say it's going to fracture the psvr player base, on a device that's not even out yet.

If SONY release a ps4k before psvr it's going to cause a huge cluster #@×% , and if they release it after its going to enrage all the people who buy a psvr with a ps4.

There is nothing positive that can come out of this but please a few misguided hardcore fans that are constantly complaining the ps4 is underpowered. As was posted already in this thread, there's Zero point or satisfaction in chasing power, if you want to chase power there's already the pc market for you.

Doesn't help a whole lot selling 4k sets even because there's ZERO guarantee there will be any 4k gaming and nothing stopping people from buying a 4k Samsung instead of Sony.

Based on the down votes in the news thread, I think some of you are confused as to who exactly is the vocal minority in this case.

Some of you couldn't care a less about your fellow gamers you just care that YOU can afford to upgrade now or that you want better fidelity now, with no regard to how that's going to affect the brand overall and the future of console gaming. It seems very selfish and immature to me.

POE said:
Pavolink said:

This. In fact, I've seen excitement, not outrage.

Perfect? No. Better than the competition? Yes.

If it is priced at 400$ or less it is OK with me. I actually wanted to buy a PS4 when UC4 launches but I guess I can postpone my purchase to Q4 if that's the case.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The one thing I'd like about it just like with mobile gaming is that devs will be more focused on gameplay rather than the graphics.

Around the Network

It's because the PS4k goes against the console philosphy: ease of use, stability, guaranteed performance, unified userbase (taken from a post above).

I'm not outraged, just pissed.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
It's because the PS4k goes against the console philosphy: ease of use, stability, guaranteed performance, unified userbase (taken from a post above).

I'm not outraged, just pissed.

What's a console philosophy? Does it print money? Ensures healthy userbase until the end of the generation? Hinders gamers? No bugs, no glitches? Stable 60 fps performance or more?

Aeolus451 said:
POE said:

Perfect? No. Better than the competition? Yes.

Sure...

ZahaDoom said:
Areaz32 said:

But this is just not  true. You only need the upgrade if you want really really high fidelity graphics in VR.

Everything we have been shown so far has been running on regular PS4 hardware.

Well that contradicts all the posts saying the ps4 can't handle vr, or can't keep up with the pc's vr (which it doesn't need to), there's about 20+ posts in this thread alone that say it's to help with VR, why is it nessasary when what we've been shown so far works fine on the current ps4. Some of ypu are saying to won't fracture the player base but then go on to say it's going to fracture the psvr player base, on a device that's not even out yet.

If SONY release a ps4k before psvr it's going to cause a huge cluster #@×% , and if they release it after its going to enrage all the people who buy a psvr with a ps4.

There is nothing positive that can come out of this but please a few misguided hardcore fans that are constantly complaining the ps4 is underpowered. As was posted already in this thread, there's Zero point or satisfaction in chasing power, if you want to chase power there's already the pc market for you.

Doesn't help a whole lot selling 4k sets even because there's ZERO guarantee there will be any 4k gaming and nothing stopping people from buying a 4k Samsung instead of Sony.

Based on the down votes in the news thread, I think some of you are confused as to who exactly is the vocal minority in this case.

Some of you couldn't care a less about your fellow gamers you just care that YOU can afford to upgrade now or that you want better fidelity now, with no regard to how that's going to affect the brand overall and the future of console gaming. It seems very selfish and immature to me.

While I see where you are coming from at the CURRENT moment your complaints are just not real. The uses base will not be split. Currently all games will work on both systems. PSVR will work on both systems.  The upgrades to the PS4K are so minor that they won't make a huge difference outside of possible 4K output for movies and TV. The people "talking" about how the current PS4 can't handle VR are just talking. So why are you upset? I don't get it?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I don't actively hate the idea, but I don't think it's a good one, and I said the same with the New3DS. Both cases are very similar. The problem is that some games will be optimized for the PS4K and will have a lesser performance in the first console. It depends on how well the game performs on the first one. If it does well, I don't mind. If not... I'm not happy about it.

Though the outrage you're talking about is nothing compared to the New3DS outrage. That's what bothers me. I could find some examples of people bashing the New3DS announcement, praising the PS4K. Doesn't make sense. I'm not a fan of both of them.