By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can The Legend of Zelda: (U/NX) Sell Close to 10mil Lifetime? (or More)

So the Big Question, Can the Next LoZ Game Sell Close to 10mil Units Across Both platforms? Seems So outta reach, especially with how previous games all selling all between 3mil-7mil per entry (console/HH)... but maybe this time it actually could?

Lets see if we can break it down.... (why it can/cannot)

~Best Selling LoZ Games are OoT/TP. OoT sold 7mil+, TP for both wii/gcn sold 8mil+ combined.

~LoZ TP had "Wii" helping it, which is why it sold so well (launch title)

~If on NX, it means it'll mean multiplat which helps it from just selling on the tiny wiiu userbase

~If its a launch title, that already helps it out.

~TBH i think this LoZ has the most hype out of any LoZ game, even more than TP. Maybe because like the NX, we dunno $*** about it lol.

~If NX is indeed HH as well and LoZ U is playable on it, Japanese will be a huge factor for the games sales. Fanbase is there, going by renakes on 3ds sales.

~SS only sold around 4mil?  :'-(

~ Personally i think 5mil+ is guaranteed, after that its any1 guess......

THOUGHTS???

Around the Network

If Twilight Princess couldn't reach it with the Wii's massive boost, I doubt it. Two millions on WiiU, and a bigger amount than that on the NX (depending on how well it does). But I'd love to be proven wrong.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'm 100% sure it will if it isn't bad and the NX is what I know it will be.

I'm going to say no. Zelda is popular for sure but not 10M seller popular.

Japan doesn't care about Zelda & that makes it much harder to reach it. (unless the HH thing is actually true but even then, it's not big there)

[] [] [] {} [] 

I'm going to say 6-7mil is a safer guess

Around the Network

Ocarina of times is the bigger Zelda game ever, which sold 11 million LT.
Twilight princess is the second, will eventually break 10 million soon with the Wii U version.

I think will depend if this game will get a remake or a remastered after 7-10 years of release.

But yeah, it's gonna be fucking huge. 7-8 million withouth remake Wii U + NX.

No. I can see it selling *somewhere* around 2 million copies on Wii U (pretty impressive for Wii U standards, and considering it's coming when everyone's leaving the platform). I can't see the NX being so successful that NX version completely obliterates everything and everyone.

bet: lost

who knows how many it will sell when parts of it go mobile

I don't really see this game getting anywhere near ten million units sold, to be honest. I see it selling five at most, being optimistic; and around three being realistic.

Yes.

I feel it in my bones. If the NX is a fair success (30m) I think the game will pass 10m

3m on the Wii U with its fairly fresh Userbase for a console about to be replaced.
7m on the NX with some of the 3m from Wii U repurchasing the title later. Unlike twilight Princess on Wii, I think Zelda NX will actually be fairly optimised for the hardware (more then resolution).

The past cannot always be used to predict the future, but I just feel this Zelda game will be very big. Part of that may due to the possibility of it being the closest thing to a technologically modern Zelda since Windwaker, minus the polarising artstyle.