By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can The Legend of Zelda: (U/NX) Sell Close to 10mil Lifetime? (or More)

Honestly between 4-5 million is much more realistic for this game, since it's what most mainline Zelda games sell on average (not including ports or re-releases on other consoles).

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

In all fairness Nintendo reported that WWHD has sold 1.69 million copies as of December 31st, 2015.
I know there were copies bought for free with MK8 but that's still quite the good number for a Wii U remake.

If the new LoZ is as good as we'd hope and launches before an NX port it should sell at least 2.5 million, but I would think closer to 3.5.

An NX port or remaster or what have you could sell bucketloads if the system becomes a seller.

As for my guess, it'll crawl to the finish line as a 10million seller with both versions (high hopes but that's what guesses are for :D )

I'm gona say that it's VERY likely IF Nintendo heavily bundles it since launch AND the Wii Sports-ish game of NX ISN'T as big of a hit as Wii Sports was

OOT has already sold 10 mil, youre numbers are off.

It's likely if it's handled in a similar manner to TP and NX retains the attach rate of the Wii U.

Around the Network

As long as it's on NX... I'm going to say: ABSOLUTELY
I think a big reason TP and Skyward Sword didn't leg out as well long term was that they were not HD games on HD consoles. The art style to both quickly shows age -- which doesn't do favors if the games on weaker hardware. Those games attract early adopters and series devotees, but not the guy shopping for a game for any of his 2+ consoles a year or more later. Zelda U is clearly angling for that timeless art style that helped Wind Waker have such high resale value and strong resurgence as an HD remake. It's the marquee launch title of the NX and follows a near 5-year period in which Nintendo has carefully nurtured the Zelda fanbase.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

spemanig said:
I'm 100% sure it will if it isn't bad and the NX is what I know it will be.

Lmao how do you what it will be? Do you have proof? Send me some in my inbox if you do.
I have faith in the NX, but it's going to be a tough sell at first. People need to regain that trust back, even if it is the all powerful console.

As for Zelda NX/U. I'd love it to do so. I think 4 million is the soft spot. That's the median average for a Zelda game. Which is still a lot of sales. I don't think people realise how few games actually sell over 10 million xD

Oh, as far as what will it sell, even on 2 systems, realistically 7-8 mil.

If the recent rumors are true and this is the first Zelda with voice acting, prepare for this to be one of the best selling games in the franchise! Not to mention we have no clue what differences the NX will bring, if the game does actually have even better visuals and all it will easily be a must have for many considering the NX...

If NX is a hit, then i think it will surpass 10 mil.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.