By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can The Legend of Zelda: (U/NX) Sell Close to 10mil Lifetime? (or More)

Cloudman said:
No, I don't think it'll reach 10 mil units sold. As far as know no Zelda game, or only 1 Zelda game has done that. I don't see it happening in that case.

Ocarina of Time has, but it'll be the only one. I don't see TPHD selling the 350,000 more it needs to achieve this. It will be close though.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Cloudman said:
No, I don't think it'll reach 10 mil units sold. As far as know no Zelda game, or only 1 Zelda game has done that. I don't see it happening in that case.

Ocarina of Time has, but it'll be the only one. I don't see TPHD selling the 350,000 more it needs to achieve this. It will be close though.

Yeah, I saw someone mention OoT. I just based it on VGC sales, which has it lower. I have low confidence it'll do 10 mil. It'll need a large install base on the NX and just large appeal to do that, and that seems unlikely. If it does it though, that would be awesome!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
bigtakilla said:

Yeah, I saw someone mention OoT. I just based it on VGC sales, which has it lower. I have low confidence it'll do 10 mil. It'll need a large install base on the NX and just large appeal to do that, and that seems unlikely. If it does it though, that would be awesome!

VG chartz has it sitting at 11.66 million.

bigtakilla said:
Cloudman said:

Hmm, I only saw it sitting at 7.60 mil, unless you're combining both the N64 and 3DS versions.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
bigtakilla said:

Hmm, I only saw it sitting at 7.60 mil, unless you're combining both the N64 and 3DS versions.

Yeah, I'm going off series sales.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Cloudman said:

I see, I got it now. Among the Wii U and NX, it seems likely to get close.

Dance my pretties!

Peh said:
Going by the facts, so no. The userbase on the Wii U is too small to accomplish 10 million. The Wii U as sold around 13 million consoles. And I guess the userbase would be around 30-40% on that console who will buy the new zelda.

NX is not considered for now.

The whole point is to consider NX, if not there would be no point of this thread

Cloudman said:
bigtakilla said:

I see, I got it now. Among the Wii U and NX, it seems likely to get close.

I actually wrote pretty in depth about why I don't think it will.

"Let's look at this logically. Wii U will still be around 13 million, Wii sold 10 and PS4 sold 12 million it's first year (which are some of the most successful console first year launches), so we can imagine even if it is a huge success and people are just busting down the gates to get it in it's first year when Zelda U will probably be its most successful it will only have an install base of 25 million. Out of that you expect 10 million copies of a game to be sold? While not impossible (literally every single person who owns a console COULD possibly buy it) you see how far of a shot this actually is. 

That would be to expect 1 out of every 2.5 people to own this game.... It's not likely at all. With an install base 20 million users more and a game that was hyped to hell (which was the case with TP) it only sold around 8 million. You would be hard pressed to have me believe this game is more anticipated than TP too.

I'm actually thinking I was a bit to optimistic saying 7-8, and 4-6 million will probably be far closer.

Just some perspective."

4-6 Mil is gonna be my guess.

7 million is a safe bet. hard to see 10million on LOZ.

I don't know..  but I have a feeling that this will be the most popular Zelda game to date.  I just...  feel it.  Maybe it is because this is the game I am more hyped about this year (and I don't even have a Wii U lol).