By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can The Legend of Zelda: (U/NX) Sell Close to 10mil Lifetime? (or More)

I'm gonna say 5-6 million.

Around the Network

No, unless nx is the new Wii and it's actually coming out on it

2 million copies sold for Wii U - unsure about the rest.

I don't see why people count OoT as being a 10m seller; you're including sales of a remake that came 13 years after the fact. As much as I personally want it too, no, the series doesn't have a game that broke 10m yet.

Anyway. I doubt it'll happen with Zelda U either. Especially with Japan getting less and less interested each generation (OoT's JP sales account for 1.5m for example). OoT didn't do it, even TP couldn't with it's long life and stalled at about 8.5m. For the new game, we can count on around 5m, and hope for over 6m. Releasing on both WiiU and NX obviously improves it's chances though and will put on the higher end, but with maybe a 2m/5m split at most, will still only put it at 7m.

I'm not seeing it, but like I said, each time I'm hoping.

Depends on how well the NX does, but I will say no... maybe 6-8M?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Soleron said:
I expect less than Skyward Sword, and less installed base for the NX than for the Wii U.

You expecting NX will sell less than Wii U!?

Yes, because there was a huge Wii base to at least think about picking up Wii U. The Nintendo base is now tiny - highly energised, but tiny. I would count myself among them - I own every Nintendo console back to the SNES - but I have no intention of buying an NX.

If they double down on appealing to that core, they're dead.

If they make a powerful console and go for the third party mainstream market, they'll be in third place in that market and dead.

I see no signs that they've realised the mistakes of the last few years.

Absolutely it can, but it all hinges on the NX being a big success.

Depends a lot on how well the NX is received and we just have no way of knowing.

The other thing is, I think there are casual core gamer types that tend to jump in on realistic Zelda who aren't as enthusiastic about cell-shaded Zelda games. There's a large disparity in sales between Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess vs. Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.

Ño.

Twilight Princess IMO is one of the weakest Zelda games ever. I don't understand how the hell it get so much appeal. Maybe it's a younger crowd, i just don't know.

@topic

TP couldn't reach 10m in Wii, and that's because the Wii sold A LOT and have a huge community, so I'm 100% sure that this will NOT reach 10m.

I'll however say this, if Nintendo play their cards right and the NX is a good console, the new Zelda will easily sell 5m plus and I'll bet it gets close to 7.5m.