By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 censorship of a woman 18 years old due to western pressure.

It appears that there was some cencorship in the new Star Ocean game has come to light. The developers decided to give 18 year old character Miki Sauvester granny panties in the new Star Ocean in all regions due to some western pressure of the sexualization of a character that I guess didn't seem to appear 18?... 

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/04/10/star-ocean-5-west-localization-censorship-interview/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZF3urfgKTQ

Thoughts? (lock if duplicate)

Around the Network

Guess alot of people on this site won't buy the game... since you know it's game breaking if we can't see reveaing panties. :)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
Guess alot of people on this site won't buy the game... since you know it's game breaking if we can't see reveaing panties. :)

Seems that way. I certainly know the seething hate for cencorship on this site and figured I needed to get this out in the open. ;)

Naum said:

I second this!I refuse to give my precious and hard-working money to companies that prevent me relizing my wildest dreams!

#WeWantNakedWomansOnGames

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

"Western pressure"

People need to understand that western pressure can't censor SE's games. Only SE can.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Naum said:

I second this!I refuse to give my precious and hard-working money to companies that prevent me relizing my wildest dreams!

#WeWantNakedWomansOnGames

That's why I'm here, for the people.

Teeqoz said:
"Western pressure"

People need to understand that western pressure can't censor SE's games. Only SE can.

To true, but when asked why the changes were made, the response was "The Japanese rating system is different from that in the West and that is why these changes have to happen."

Game breaking... Pre-order cancelled.

So it's censorship because a videogame character is wearing different underwear for you to look at? Is this what gaming has come to? Complaining online about what panties a character is wearing in a JRPG?

Carl2291 said:

So it's censorship because a videogame character is wearing different underwear for you to look at? Is this what gaming has come to? Complaining online about what panties a character is wearing in a JRPG?

It's been going on since Xenoblade X, nothing new here.