By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 censorship of a woman 18 years old due to western pressure.

Ka-pi96 said:
Censorship is bad and Square Enix should feel bad for doing it!

That said... it's something you can only see if you angle the camera to look up the girls skirt? If Square had never said they censored it in the first place would anyone even know? Sounds more like they are just trying to get some extra publicity to me...

NVM, lol. Could be S-E looking for free news for the game.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

Unneeded censorship always matters. 

Shuichi Kobayashi doesn't think it's unneeded.

Carl2291 said:

So it's censorship because a videogame character is wearing different underwear for you to look at? Is this what gaming has come to? Complaining online about what panties a character is wearing in a JRPG?

To me I don't really care about this particular thing. The more concerning issue to me is that they are willing to censor themselves because of the west. Today it's just panties but tomorrow it might be someone else that I do care about. 

bigtakilla said:
Carl2291 said:

It's an unneeded change that doesn't change anyones actual experience playing the game, as you still see this videogame characters underwear.

But it needlessly covers more skin to help ease the minds of a few people overseas. Where's the creative freedom?

For all you know, this was how the artists intended for it to look originally, but they were forced by SE to make it more revealing for the Japanese release to get some sales due to fan service.

Hopefully I'm here in time before people start to freak out.
THIS IS A TROLL MOVE BY THE DEVELOPERS TO PROTEST CENSORSHIP
If you can't tell that, I would like to direct your attention to the young lady standing DIRECTLY next to her:

You guys are so conditioned to hate 'social justice' that you CAN'T even tell when someone is on your side. 

Get a grip people.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
bigtakilla said:

Unneeded censorship always matters. 

Shuichi Kobayashi doesn't think it's unneeded.

Obviously, whatever the censorship board in the West thinks, he's all about it. 

Teeqoz said:
bigtakilla said:

But it needlessly covers more skin to help ease the minds of a few people overseas. Where's the creative freedom?

For all you know, this was how the artists intended for it to look originally, but they were forced by SE to make it more revealing for the Japanese release to get some sales due to fan service.

Then isn't that what would've been shown originally?

method114 said:
Carl2291 said:

So it's censorship because a videogame character is wearing different underwear for you to look at? Is this what gaming has come to? Complaining online about what panties a character is wearing in a JRPG?

To me I don't really care about this particular thing. The more concerning issue to me is that they are willing to censor themselves because of the west. Today it's just panties but tomorrow it might be someone else that I do care about. 

Get the physics of a burka down S-E. Kairi's gonna need a new outfit for KH3. FIrst it's the boy's road trip in XV, then this. 

I'll be ok as long as they don't mess with Fiore Burnelli's character!!!

V-r0cK said:

I'll be ok as long as they don't mess with Fiore Burnelli's character!!!

Exactly.  As I posted above, I am disturbed that people can't tell this 'censorship' is really a troll move.