By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 censorship of a woman 18 years old due to western pressure.

So it's fine to censor one thing as long as they don't change another.... What side of the fence are you people on?

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Teeqoz said:

For all you know, this was how the artists intended for it to look originally, but they were forced by SE to make it more revealing for the Japanese release to get some sales due to fan service.

Then isn't that what would've been shown originally?

How would you know? Higher ups at SE could've forced them to alter it to make it more revealing for the Japanese release.

Teeqoz said:
bigtakilla said:

Then isn't that what would've been shown originally?

How would you know? Higher ups at SE could've forced them to alter it to make it more revealing for the Japanese release.

It's not what the developer is quoted as saying, so that would be a far stretch.

bigtakilla said:
method114 said:

To me I don't really care about this particular thing. The more concerning issue to me is that they are willing to censor themselves because of the west. Today it's just panties but tomorrow it might be someone else that I do care about. 

Get the physics of a burka down S-E. Kairi's gonna need a new outfit for KH3. FIrst it's the boy's road trip in XV, then this. 

Exactly. I don't want them affecting the creativity of these devs or devs not being able to create a game the way they want because of backlash. For isntance the road trip thing. These days they probably would have scrapped that idea right from the get go in early developement. I don't like that. If the devs wanted to create a boys road trip then let them they are the creative people not me or these idiots wanting to censor everything. Just like if they wanted to create a girls road trip let them do it.

BraLoD said:
CosmicSex said:

They better not mess up with her!

Lol this gif could be the entire commercial for the game and then at the end spashscreen for Star Ocean 5.  And it would sell everything. 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Teeqoz said:

It's not what the developer is quoted as saying, so that would be a far stretch.

You think Shuichi Kobayashi himself personally designed Miki's panties?

Teeqoz said:
"Western pressure"

People need to understand that western pressure can't censor SE's games. Only SE can.

Wrong. Western money is the video game indistrys primary source of income. The big three are America, Europe and Japan but in reality it's America first, Europe second and Japan third depending in general when it comes to expectation. In past years Japan's sales was greater but not so much anymore.

I really don't mind. I love it when girls are whores in videogames, when it is done in a over the top way. You know... Have them titties jumping around like Taki, its so over the top that I can't take it seriously.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Teeqoz said:
"Western pressure"

People need to understand that western pressure can't censor SE's games. Only SE can.

Wrong. Western money is the video game indistrys primary source of income. The big three are America, Europe and Japan but in reality it's America first, Europe second and Japan third depending in general when it comes to expectation. In past years Japan's sales was greater but not so much anymore.

No no no. What you are saying is that SE made the decision that they thought it would be better for them financially to censor this, because they think it can lead to higher sales in the west. That does not mean that western pressure can force SE into censoring their games. They do it out of their own will.

Teeqoz said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

No no no. What you are saying is that SE made the decision that they thought it would be better for them financially to censor this, because they think it can lead to higher sales in the west. That does not mean that western pressure can force SE into censoring their games. They do it out of their own will.

That's semantics.  Censorship isn't always forced upon an entity.  It can also be a choice.  Self-censoring is a real thing.  Most people do it every day when they are talking to their bosses at work.