Graphics are:

Amazing! 74 14.98%

Nice, just a bit outdated 221 44.74%

Pretty bad 86 17.41%

Terrible 67 13.56%

Do a barrel roll 46 9.31%

Total:494
cycycychris said:
It still looks like an early 360 game no matter what people try and convince themselves that this game is at any where near good looking graphical wise. I mean look at the environments like the ground and the mountains. they look terrible. A lot of the models look decent since they used some like polish on them but the game is overall ugly with a terrible art style. But it has good water, so there is something.

Especially when you look at what some of these areas are supposed to represent, it becomes even more underwhelming. Like when you're flying through the space colony, it looks like a barren area with lego block buildings. A space colony is supposed to look like a small but dense city. Fox should be wizzing throught an obstacle course of close together buildings. I understand not having people, but this is the kind of shit they had to do in SF64, because it was a 64 bit game and they couldn't do any better.

Corneria looks just as bad. Flying throught these type of areas should look like this by now:

And I'm not even talking graphically. I'm talking about scope. There's no reason these papercraft, origami-level, low polygon assets on a system as capable as the Wii U

should be allowing you fly through cities that look like this:

This shit shouldn't be acceptable to you guys. The Wii U is not this weak. That isn't a generational leap. That's like three generations of design difference people are saying is okay. Star Fox 64 is like 16 years old. Expect more. Raise your flipping standards a little.

If you're still going to buy it, that's fine. But at least admit that what Nintendo is giving you an absolutely fucking shit effort with this game. Because that's exactly what you're getting.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Saw it on 1080p60fps.
Pretty dissapointing considering the Wii U capabilities. And no, 2 screen is not an excuse.

You are right is not an excuse, its a fact, the 2nd screen makes it equivalent of a 900p 60fps game, so its moving a 36% more of pixels than 720p games. It could be a better looking game? sure, but for a 900p60fps game on wiiu that is hardly gonna sell more than 1 milion anyways, I think looks pretty decent.

Nintendo is behind the times in terms of graphics. That, is why people are complaining at Nintendo. I know that graphics isn't everything about a game, but we deserve prettier looking games at this point. They literally don't go all out on their games in terms of presentation. They just half-ass until it looks passable and then call it a day.

They do look a little bit outdated but I don't care. In fact I like that look, because of nostalgia reasons. It's still all secondary to gameplay.

Areal-Llort said:
Nintendo is behind the times in terms of graphics. That, is why people are complaining at Nintendo. I know that graphics isn't everything about a game, but we deserve prettier looking games at this point. They literally don't go all out on their games in terms of presentation. They just half-ass until it looks passable and then call it a day.

Games like Mario3Dworld, Mario Kart 8,  Pikmin 3 or the new Zelda are far from half-assed games in terms of graphics.

Around the Network

It looks fun for sure!

the graphics do have some rough edges, but is to be expected

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

spemanig said:
cycycychris said:
It still looks like an early 360 game no matter what people try and convince themselves that this game is at any where near good looking graphical wise. I mean look at the environments like the ground and the mountains. they look terrible. A lot of the models look decent since they used some like polish on them but the game is overall ugly with a terrible art style. But it has good water, so there is something.

Especially when you look at what some of these areas are supposed to represent, it becomes even more underwhelming. Like when you're flying through the space colony, it looks like a barren area with lego block buildings. A space colony is supposed to look like a small but dense city. Fox should be wizzing throught an obstacle course of close together buildings. I understand not having people, but this is the kind of shit they had to do in SF64, because it was a 64 bit game and they couldn't do any better.

Honestly I'm just convinced the game was made on a tight budget and farmed out to Platnium in order to minimize the impact of the game on Nintendo's part. I mean look at the history of the sales for this franchise, this should tell you how Nintendo planned this. I know it isn't right to think that way and Nintedo should strive to blow out minds at every second of the day but that is not how a corporation works. 

Meh, the game still looks awful to me. It's not just about polygons  and fancy effects, either. In addition to looking like an HD Wii game, The designs and color choices just do not jive. It's as though they just took a bunch of Starfox themed models and environments and tossed them together without any sort of overall art direction. It looks amature, and it's easily the ugliest game Nintendo has put out in a long time. Most of their Wii titles looked much better than this. Hell, Starfox 64 3DS looks better.

JetSetter said:

Honestly I'm just convinced the game was made on a tight budget and farmed out to Platnium in order to minimize the impact of the game on Nintendo's part. I mean look at the history of the sales for this franchise, this should tell you how Nintendo planned this. I know it isn't right to think that way and Nintedo should strive to blow out minds at every second of the day but that is not how a corporation works. 

The game was changed from a tech demo for the gamepad to a Star Fox game. It's already confirmed to be a budget game that was farmed out to Platinum.

It should be how Nintendo works, though. Star Fox doesn't sell well because they don't pull out all the stops with it and treat it like a franchise that's actually worth something. You don't see Disney skimping out on Gardians of the Galaxy just because it was a no-name franchise nobody cared about. They put money, effort, and passion into it and made it into a franchise people cared about. This kind of cheapskate bullshit Nintendo get's away with constantly shouldn't be acceptable. People shouldn't like Star Fox and be okay with Nintendo's treatment of this game. Nintendo should be treating Star Fox like an international super-star, not a little league volenteer water boy like they are doing with this game.

Star Fox Zero should be better than this. It could be better than this. But it's not, and that's unacceptable.

spemanig said:
JetSetter said:

The game was changed from a tech demo for the gamepad to a Star Fox game. It's already confirmed to be a budget game that was farmed out to Platinum.

It should be how Nintendo works, though. Star Fox doesn't sell well because they don't pull out all the stops with it and treat it like a franchise that's actually worth something. You don't see Disney skimping out on Gardians of the Galaxy just because it was a no-name franchise nobody cared about. They put money, effort, and passion into it and made it into a franchise people cared about. This kind of cheapskate bullshit Nintendo get's away with constantly shouldn't be acceptable. People shouldn't like Star Fox and be okay with Nintendo's treatment of this game. Nintendo should be treating Star Fox like an international super-star, not a little league volenteer water boy like they are doing with this game.

Star Fox Zero should be better than this. It could be better than this. But it's not, and that's unacceptable.

People shouldnt like a good game just because it could be better. Great logic.