Forums - Nintendo Discussion - About Star Fox Zero graphics

Graphics are:

Amazing! 74 14.98%

Nice, just a bit outdated 221 44.74%

Pretty bad 86 17.41%

Terrible 67 13.56%

Do a barrel roll 46 9.31%

Total:494

You know what? After watching the video, I think they look decent. I would say even good, considereing the game is rendering 2 screens at 60fps while having a 1080p resolution. I think they polished it considerably since reveal, so kudos to Platinum/Nintendo.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
StarOcean said:

Well then idk what to say :S I'd love to be able to help but yeah x~x Perhaps next time they'll do better..? x.x 

Yeah, in 10 years when they reboot it again with the same exact story while making you play with innovative new big-toe controls that allow force you to control the other members with your feet while using the second screen on the gamepad to aim while still using the TV to fly while having the game run a 4K. Still with N64/GCN-level polygons, art direction, and environments.

Wright said:

Yes, but you're like me. An outcast!

You're disappointed, too?

So. Much. Bloom.
Aliasing is prevalent due to the low resolution and lack of anti-aliasing... Everything is geometrically simple.
Some of the textures are low quality.

This game would sit well as an "Arcade" game on the Xbox One or Playstation 4 from a graphical standpoint.

I just think the hardware let's this game down, which is terrible to see as the gameplay would be rock solid. (Ignoring any funky controls.)
I am a massive StarFox fan. I *want* this game still. But I don't want it for the Wii U.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

daredevil.shark said:

As for graphics it looks like GameCube level visuals

This is Starfox on Gamecube:

This is Starfox Zero:

curl-6 said:
daredevil.shark said:

As for graphics it looks like GameCube level visuals

This is Starfox Zero:

After two gen there isn't much difference aside from resolution. Some additional effects are in Wii U version. But difference is small.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

After two gen there isn't much difference aside from resolution. Some additional effects are in Wii U version. But difference is small.

I won't say that Star Fox: Zero looks wonderful, but the difference is quite big XDDD. Also, it's fair to say that the 2 gen jump between GC/WiiU is not the same than PS2/PS4. Not even close lol.

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:
Saw it on 1080p60fps.
Pretty dissapointing considering the Wii U capabilities. And no, 2 screen is not an excuse.

You are right is not an excuse, its a fact, the 2nd screen makes it equivalent of a 900p 60fps game, so its moving a 36% more of pixels than 720p games. It could be a better looking game? sure, but for a 900p60fps game on wiiu that is hardly gonna sell more than 1 milion anyways, I think looks pretty decent.

It's not even just the raw combined pixel count, its also having to draw the geometry and everything twice.

daredevil.shark said:
curl-6 said:

This is Starfox Zero:

The difference is substantial. Pretty much everything from the screen resolution to shaders to textures to effects shows roughly a 6th to 7th gen leap in quality.

It's decent gen 7.5 graphics nothing more nothing less.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

curl-6 said:

The difference is substantial. Pretty much everything from the screen resolution to shaders to textures to effects shows roughly a 6th to 7th gen leap in quality.

I don't think it is at all. It looks like an HD remaster of a GCN game. In fact, if Assault got a Wii U HD remaster, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that it would look more graphically impressive than SF0. 

Since you ask if it looks good or bad, it looks bad. Comparison will always be drawn, it's the only way to measure how good this game is graphically, we need other points of reference and there are so many other games that blow this out of the water, in term of graphics. It just looks outdated and shiny at the same time, oddly enough.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian