Forums - Nintendo Discussion - About Star Fox Zero graphics

Graphics are:

Amazing! 74 14.98%

Nice, just a bit outdated 221 44.74%

Pretty bad 86 17.41%

Terrible 67 13.56%

Do a barrel roll 46 9.31%

Total:494

A big chunk of gaming comunity has been shitting about this game because its graphics, and coments like "lol N64/GC graphics" are really frequent, but now that we are getting better quality videos about the game, I want you to take a moment to look this one (at 1080p60fps obviously) and tell me your honest thoughts about how bad its graphics are, because while they are not gonna win any prize for its quality, what I'm seeing here are pretty pleasant graphics overall, so tell me, am I crazy? Do you think they are shit? Do you think it looks fun at least?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJf-MSs8dyM

Around the Network

I think the issue is, we're comparing 8th gen hardware to 7th gen hardware. Wii U is a slightly more powerful PS3 or Xbox 360. It's not up to par with current game hardware in terms of graphical capability. The game looks good. It's nothing amazing but they are passable.

I mean, the ship and overall enemies are decent, but there are some parts of the maps, certain textures, that if you look at them (Like you probably wouldn't while playing, but since we're talking about examining them here) you can tell they certainly don't look like quality. The grass, those mountains, some of the roads and the composition of the higher ships or their interior. They reek of a rushed job, more than the usual polish you can find in other Nintendo games.

Honestly, its a game that runs native 720p which drops at 50fps at most time. Not 1080p 60fps.

If you are comparing it early Xbox 360 games then it's passable. If you are comparing it with 8th gen game (Ratchet and Clank) then it's no where near. There is a gen (more) difference.

Around the Network
Nintation360 said:

Honestly, its a game that runs native 720p which drops at 50fps at most time. Not 1080p 60fps.

So what? I'm talking about the quality of the youtube video, 1080p60fps is the highest quality.

daredevil.shark said:
If you are comparing it early Xbox 360 games then it's passable. If you are comparing it with 8th gen game ((Ratchet and Clank) then it's no where near. There is a gen (more) difference.

I'm not really comparing, I'm just asking if they look nice or bad. If we have to chose a system to compare, obviously it would be X360, but thats something we already know from the start with the WiiU.

Nintation360 said:

It doesn't matter about original resolution. At 1080p 60fps YouTube uploads highest quality. That's why.

It lacks a little detail but it still looks like an above-average 360/PS3/Wii U game to me.

Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. That is all.