By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Man's Sky First (DO NOT MISS THIS!) [Large GIFs]

Yep, amazing graphics. The sad truth is that graphics don´t mather, i want to have fun playing a game, and this seems like a boring game.

Around the Network

Looks pretty as all hell, but I still don't get what is supposed to make me want to play this instead of just watching someone else play it.

sundin13 said:
Looks pretty as all hell, but I still don't get what is supposed to make me want to play this instead of just watching someone else play it.

It's funny but I think the same thing about games where everyone has the same experience.  I mean, the lines are all going to be the same, the enemies are all going to spawn at the same points, and the world is going to be mostly static.  Games with linear 'levels' leave me especially cold.  A game where my play-through is going to be unique, though?  Give me that.  I like it when I can't watch a video that will be exactly like what I'm doing because that video doesn't exist.

barneystinson69 said:

Really want this on the Xbox One!!!

I'll be honest, I'm PS fan, but I would love to see NMS on XBONE too, this game is amazing and more gamers need to experience this. Maybe Sony and MS could work on a deal, Recore and NMS on both consoles, LOL!!!!! Note: This is a dream guys, dont get mad on me.

Let's rock... AND RIDE!!!

zagojp said:
barneystinson69 said:

Really want this on the Xbox One!!!

I'll be honest, I'm PS fan, but I would love to see NMS on XBONE too, this game is amazing and more gamers need to experience this. Maybe Sony and MS could work on a deal, Recore and NMS on both consoles, LOL!!!!! Note: This is a dream guys, dont get mad on me.

I'm the same way.  If I really like a game then I want that game to reach as many people as possible.  That's why I was really happy Valkyria Chronicles made it to PC.  The best stuff is even better when more people have the chance to enjoy it.

Around the Network

the viewing distance seems a bit too small, especially in space it's a bit jarring to see asteroids/ships pop up from nothing - on planets the change in level of details is pretty obvious aswell

could be one of the games where PS4K ads quite a bit to the experience (and VR mode)

GribbleGrunger said:
Volterra_90 said:

Okey, I get it now. They were not very straight to the point explaining the game so based in gameplays I didn't quite get what's the goal. Do you have a certain guide, or something that leads you to that center of the galaxy or just lucky guess exploring the planets? 

The singular bright light you see in the demo is your guide.

Wasn't there also a golden line that basically plotted off into the distance going straight to the center?  Yeah I just checked, he talks about it and shows it at 21:12

I can't wait for this, it'll be a day 1 buy.   I just find the idea of exploring worlds, discovering creatures and crafting better spaceships to rinse and repeat better pretty appealing.  So yeah, hyped.

Lafiel said:

the viewing distance seems a bit too small, especially in space it's a bit jarring to see asteroids/ships pop up from nothing - on planets the change in level of details is pretty obvious aswell

could be one of the games where PS4K ads quite a bit to the experience (and VR mode)

Maybe thats because the game is procedurally generated so things are being created on the fly, at least thats my guess

Lets wait for the PC version comparison tho!

Volterra_90 said:
Nuvendil said:

That's where it gets complicated.  You have a map as you can see and on that map you can see how far you can go with your warp drive as is.  You will need to upgrade that as you go though.  Also, the worlds get more bizarre and dangerous the further you go towards the center.  Then there are these gate portals you can find on some planets that will warp you further in but obviously you won't have a ship so you can either gather resources and go back or try to find an alien outpost on said planet to possibly acquire a new ship.  So from what we know, luck does play a role but you also have to plan and think ahead it would seem.  And it is still a sandbox, just a sandbox with an end goal :P

Edit:  and yeah, like he said.  The bright light is the center, you can always see it.

Gotcha, sounds good. I wonder how many planets would be unexplored though haha (i thought the guy said like 99% of them? :P), and also how much time does it take to go to the center. I'm interested in knowing how they build an actual lore on the game, because there are like millions of random planets, and people won't explore some of them. It's a hard task to make a comprehensive and good lore in this world!

It's all procedurally generated based on a fixed seed I assume. Elite Dangerous horizons has all the planets in the galaxy, they all look different, yet the same to anyone that visits the same one down to the location of each and every single rock. Most of the galaxy is generated that way. Actual structures are assigned by a random number generator, as well as the appearance of enemies.

From what I gather it sounds like the chances of certain things appearing changes based on the distance to the center. So I assume any lore will appear with that. It's structured randomness.

SvennoJ said:

It's all procedurally generated based on a fixed seed I assume. Elite Dangerous horizons has all the planets in the galaxy, they all look different, yet the same to anyone that visits the same one down to the location of each and every single rock. Most of the galaxy is generated that way. Actual structures are assigned by a random number generator, as well as the appearance of enemies.

From what I gather it sounds like the chances of certain things appearing changes based on the distance to the center. So I assume any lore will appear with that. It's structured randomness.

Mindfuck :P. Yeah, I think that the distance to the center might me the way to structure all the lore, based on your distance center-actual planet. It's the most logical way to structure all the world-building and lore the game is aiming to provide imo. I'm half interested in buying it from my PC based on how gorgeous the game looks, but I'll wait to see if it's engaging enough. But it's nice to know all this info :)