By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Man's Sky First (DO NOT MISS THIS!) [Large GIFs]

Still loving the style of it, though I've already seen a game like Red Faction with being able to destroy some terrain, it is a nice feature though. I don't think I'll be buying it day 1 or even week 1 since they are still secretive about the PC version.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Hyped for this. Just bought rainbow 6 on sale, ratchet and clank tomorrow, uncharted next month, the division in a summer sale and then no man's sky after. This year is going to be awesome. And in between all those I'll be working on my backlog.

Volterra_90 said:

Okey, I get it now. They were not very straight to the point explaining the game so based in gameplays I didn't quite get what's the goal. Do you have a certain guide, or something that leads you to that center of the galaxy or just lucky guess exploring the planets? 

The singular bright light you see in the demo is your guide.

The PS5 Exists. 

Honestly this game looks like it's going to get boring quick.

Gona buy this on PC sooner or later, it's not like people will reach the center of the Galaxy any time soon anyway...

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

You are not helping lol!

You'll see nothing here that we don't already know. All this does is actually show us clearly. This looks like a huge step up from waht we'd exected. You'll be surprised, especially at the buildings and their interiors.

Give in to the dark side, Luke, DO IT.

That looks pretty cool.

Volterra_90 said:
Nuvendil said:

Whenever someone asks about the game's objective I point to Journey.  You're trying to reach the center of the galaxy, just like the mountain in Journey.  Only instead of platforming challenges like in Journey, it's space exploration, combat, resource gathering, crafting, etc that's going to get you there.  There's even a touch of Metroidvania wherein you have to find and assemble certain tech to be able to explore certain planets where you'll find an abundance of specific materials.  

Okey, I get it now. They were not very straight to the point explaining the game so based in gameplays I didn't quite get what's the goal. Do you have a certain guide, or something that leads you to that center of the galaxy or just lucky guess exploring the planets? 

That's where it gets complicated.  You have a map as you can see and on that map you can see how far you can go with your warp drive as is.  You will need to upgrade that as you go though.  Also, the worlds get more bizarre and dangerous the further you go towards the center.  Then there are these gate portals you can find on some planets that will warp you further in but obviously you won't have a ship so you can either gather resources and go back or try to find an alien outpost on said planet to possibly acquire a new ship.  So from what we know, luck does play a role but you also have to plan and think ahead it would seem.  And it is still a sandbox, just a sandbox with an end goal :P

Edit:  and yeah, like he said.  The bright light is the center, you can always see it.

Day 1 for me. I was already entertained for months simply flying through the galaxy in Elite Dangerous before you could land.

Nuvendil said:

That's where it gets complicated.  You have a map as you can see and on that map you can see how far you can go with your warp drive as is.  You will need to upgrade that as you go though.  Also, the worlds get more bizarre and dangerous the further you go towards the center.  Then there are these gate portals you can find on some planets that will warp you further in but obviously you won't have a ship so you can either gather resources and go back or try to find an alien outpost on said planet to possibly acquire a new ship.  So from what we know, luck does play a role but you also have to plan and think ahead it would seem.  And it is still a sandbox, just a sandbox with an end goal :P

Edit:  and yeah, like he said.  The bright light is the center, you can always see it.

Gotcha, sounds good. I wonder how many planets would be unexplored though haha (i thought the guy said like 99% of them? :P), and also how much time does it take to go to the center. I'm interested in knowing how they build an actual lore on the game, because there are like millions of random planets, and people won't explore some of them. It's a hard task to make a comprehensive and good lore in this world!

Really want this on the Xbox One!!!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).