By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Man's Sky First (DO NOT MISS THIS!) [Large GIFs]

Nuvendil said:

Would be interesting though not sure what it would provide benefits wise besides perhaps a save point I suppose?  It would make sense to be able to set up a base of operations.

We know that Sean has said they intend to support and grow the game over time and this offers him a platform to begin with. People have asked for zoos for instance and this structure provides the necessary groundwork. I'm assuming that when he does add more depth he'll have an algorthm that can populate planets people have yet to explore to prevent the slightly emergence breaking problem of suddenly finding something on a planet that wasn't there the day before.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I don't know... I'm not sold yet lol

Looks kinda boring to me

This game really looks amazing!!!

Nuvendil said:
mornelithe said:

Wasn't there also a golden line that basically plotted off into the distance going straight to the center?  Yeah I just checked, he talks about it and shows it at 21:12

I can't wait for this, it'll be a day 1 buy.   I just find the idea of exploring worlds, discovering creatures and crafting better spaceships to rinse and repeat better pretty appealing.  So yeah, hyped.

Those lines were showing routes he could take using his current ship.  But you will need to upgrade to continue your journey at some point.  Yes, he can get pretty far and it seems that there will be easier and harder paths you can take, distance will become an issue.  In short, you can't just shoot straight to the center.

No, at 21:12 there's a different golden line he shows you, that goes off towards the center of the Universe, I went back and checked.  The white lines are your jump drive distances.

"If I deselect it you can see this path, and that path is my kind of GPS towards the center of the universe.  And that's that bright light over there.  And you can see it trail off because this is a really long way away.  And remember that every one of these stars is...blah blah blah."

mornelithe said:

No, at 21:12 there's a different golden line he shows you, that goes off towards the center of the Universe, I went back and checked.  The white lines are your jump drive distances.

"If I deselect it you can see this path, and that path is my kind of GPS towards the center of the universe.  And that's that bright light over there.  And you can see it trail off because this is a really long way away.  And remember that every one of these stars is...blah blah blah."

That caught my eye too. From what I'm seeing there I think the game might automatically pick your best possible route to the centre. He called it GPS so it fits that perfectly. If they're doing that then I'd say they're doing it to give each planet a sense of 'level' as you move closer to the centre.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
mornelithe said:

That caught my eye too. From what I'm seeing there I think the game might automatically pick your best possible route to the centre. He called it GPS so it fits that perfectly. If they're doing that then I'd say they're doing it to give each planet a sense of 'level' as you move closer to the centre.

I wonder if the ship has to be refilled with fuel or something to keep going on.

AEGRO said:

I wonder if the ship has to be refilled with fuel or something to keep going on.

The ship doesn't but the hyperdrie does. This means you can't get completely stranded in space but you can suddenly find yourself an hour from your destination.

The PS5 Exists. 

Makes you wonder... Is our Universe just part of someone else's No Man's Sky?

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

GribbleGrunger said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah that's how it appeared to me also, basically just a reference point for if you go off and explore for hours, it's always there to point you towards the center.

mornelithe said:

Yeah that's how it appeared to me also, basically just a reference point for if you go off and explore for hours, it's always there to point you towards the center.

When you consider the size of the game, just aiming for a bright light could still put you on a course that causes you to have to visit thousands of planets unecessarily, if of course you're the sort of person that wants to make the centre your goal. It makes sense for there to be an optimal route map. We'll see but that's my take too. On the 'abode' front, evidently there have been rumours we'll be able to buy modules to build a base with but it's only a small rumour at the moment. I still think there's far more depth than what's been shown so far. Even if there isn't though it's going to be a great experience.

The PS5 Exists.