By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No Man's Sky First (DO NOT MISS THIS!) [Large GIFs]

I'll have to see how the reviews go. It looks pretty cool but like it would get boring fast.

Around the Network

Can't wait. I needs. @_@

With regards to the IGN video, though, at around the 18:36 mark when he's on the station, does anyone else get the impression that Sean was trying to coyly hide a proper view of whatever's beyond the massive ceiling to floor viewport in between the two ramps? He turns the camera towards the left, i.e. towards the ramp in that direction, though not far enough to look towards the actual doorway at the end of the catwalk, then very quickly turns to the right to head up the other ramp, all without lingering on the viewport at a proper angle to really look inside. Keeping in mind that the majority of Sean's camera movements in the video have been pretty slow and measured. =P

Might just be me. But judging by the curving lines beyond the viewport visible at around 18:42, the chamber is clearly massive. o.o

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Zanten said:
Can't wait. I needs. @_@

With regards to the IGN video, though, at around the 18:36 mark when he's on the station, does anyone else get the impression that Sean was trying to coyly hide a proper view of whatever's beyond the massive ceiling to floor viewport in between the two ramps? He turns the camera towards the left, i.e. towards the ramp in that direction, though not far enough to look towards the actual doorway at the end of the catwalk, then very quickly turns to the right to head up the other ramp, all without lingering on the viewport at a proper angle to really look inside. Keeping in mind that the majority of Sean's camera movements in the video have been pretty slow and measured. =P

Might just be me. But judging by the curving lines beyond the viewport visible at around 18:42, the chamber is clearly massive. o.o

What if there are apartments in there that you can rent? Then resources also become a way of staying comfortably on a planet while you explore.

The PS5 Exists. 

mornelithe said:
GribbleGrunger said:

The singular bright light you see in the demo is your guide.

Wasn't there also a golden line that basically plotted off into the distance going straight to the center?  Yeah I just checked, he talks about it and shows it at 21:12

I can't wait for this, it'll be a day 1 buy.   I just find the idea of exploring worlds, discovering creatures and crafting better spaceships to rinse and repeat better pretty appealing.  So yeah, hyped.

Those lines were showing routes he could take using his current ship.  But you will need to upgrade to continue your journey at some point.  Yes, he can get pretty far and it seems that there will be easier and harder paths you can take, distance will become an issue.  In short, you can't just shoot straight to the center.

Hmmm interesting... It certainly is gorgeous but from what I've seen, heard, and read so far, it seems like it would get boring and the game world just seems too big...

Will there be diplomatic missions and objectives with other alien races? Kind of like a mixture between Civilization and Star Trek, were you try to advance your civilization while you explore and discover things throughout the universe. Because if so, that'd actually interest me a lot more.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

Those lines were showing routes he could take using his current ship.  But you will need to upgrade to continue your journey at some point.  Yes, he can get pretty far and it seems that there will be easier and harder paths you can take, distance will become an issue.  In short, you can't just shoot straight to the center.

And each of those universes has a specific colour that represents the kinds of resouces you are likely to find there. That journey is going to be different for everyone.

What are your thoughts on what I was saying above?

What if there are apartments in there that you can rent? Then resources also become a way of staying comfortably on a planet while you explore.

The PS5 Exists. 

Will be getting this regardless of whether it lives up to hype. Originality like this needs to be supported at the $60 price point, not just budget Indie titles.

teigaga said:
Will be getting this regardless of whether it lives up to hype. Originality like this needs to be supported at the $60 price point, not just budget Indie titles.

How much originality are we talking here?, temp control, upgrading tools, spaceships, trading, procedural generation, tagging aspects aren't really original let alone the first to ever be done for a game like NMS, we've already played titles with those features for a number of years, Spore especially comes to mind when we look at procedurally generated creatures. If you want this game to be supported no matter what price tag then I'd likely suggest the same for future titles from other devs that sport said features, not just this title alone. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Well, it's big and all that, but to me the gameplay looks a bit slow-paced and frankly; boring. Repeating the (surprisingly limited) tasks in the game in an endless cycle seems like more chore than joy.
This is exactly what I've been saying since open world games started becoming more mainstream; bigger world does not equal better game and we've seen that the biggest world's are the least diverse, per square kilometer anyway. I'd rather have a more compressed area with lots more to do.

I like the idea though, and it has huge potential for sure, space fights look like fun!

GribbleGrunger said:
Nuvendil said:

And each of those universes has a specific colour that represents the kinds of resouces you are likely to find there. That journey is going to be different for everyone.

What are your thoughts on what I was saying above?

Would be interesting though not sure what it would provide benefits wise besides perhaps a save point I suppose?  It would make sense to be able to set up a base of operations.