By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Game of all time

Jdog535 said:

In this forum, please put below what the best game of all time is with an explenation, and please put the system it was on. Remember this is all opinion, so don't start hating on others peoples opinions. You can have discussions over the thoughts as long as you remain respectful. I would also like to ask you to refrain from using any profanity.

Thank you, and have fun.

What is your own? just out of interest for a new member here.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

|
                                                                                                                     |
                                                                                                                     V

The first Mario Galaxy is perfect in almost every way possible. I would love to see EAD try to make another ambitious 3D Mario game like that one.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

This.

A design masterpiece and tecnically groundbreaking.

Also this for sheer longevity

Demons Souls - Playstation 3

Not only was it very challenging it changed the formula of online multiplayer pvp and co-op. I loved the game so much I bought the Asian and European Versions along with my U.S. original copy. To this day I help people in the game on all three versions. Very close second is Dark Souls :)

I went outside once, the graphics were great but the gameplay sucked!

Around the Network

Probably Taz-Mania on Game Gear. It has some of the best level design and the animations are insane (it's like watching the cartoon) and I think it may have one of my favourite soundtracks in a game ever.

Bloodborne, as a Castlevania fanatic this what i wished the series would have always become in the mordern age

Greatest game of all time would be "Dating a woman"

The AI is so advanced, the whole dynamic of the game can change in nano seconds.

Ignoring the obvious ones like Pong, Mario and Doom that either helped create the games industry or entire genres, I'm going to say these two:
Halo
Grand Theft Auto: III

Because both arguably redefined entire genres and their effects are still being felt today. Halo broke away from the relentless corridor crawling that had been seen in practically all FPS' up until that point, treated the main character as someone with a finite ability to carry weapons rather than a walking armoury, introduced melee, quick access grenades and regenerating life, plus the ability to control vehicles.

GTA: III on the other hand, while it didn't get rave reviews, it helped to create the open world sandbox which almost all games now take after. While games like Zelda: Ocarina of Time did dabble in it, it still felt very much from going from one staged area to another, whereas GTA: III brought a world to life.

Other games worthy of the greatest game crown would be Zelda: OoT, MGS and Shadow of the Colosus - while the latter didn't do anything revolutionary, it's blend of art style, design and gameplay for me created the most memorable game experience in the last 25 years. 

ps4tw said:

Ignoring the obvious ones like Pong, Mario and Doom that either helped create the games industry or entire genres, I'm going to say these two:
Halo
Grand Theft Auto: III

Because both arguably redefined entire genres and their effects are still being felt today. Halo broke away from the relentless corridor crawling that had been seen in practically all FPS' up until that point, treated the main character as someone with a finite ability to carry weapons rather than a walking armoury, introduced melee, quick access grenades and regenerating life, plus the ability to control vehicles.

GTA: III on the other hand, while it didn't get rave reviews, it helped to create the open world sandbox which almost all games now take after. While games like Zelda: Ocarina of Time did dabble in it, it still felt very much from going from one staged area to another, whereas GTA: III brought a world to life.

Other games worthy of the greatest game crown would be Zelda: OoT, MGS and Shadow of the Colosus - while the latter didn't do anything revolutionary, it's blend of art style, design and gameplay for me created the most memorable game experience in the last 25 years. 

Great post. GTA and Halo left huge ripples in the industry, which are still felt today.