By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Game of all time

Stacraft: Brood War

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

SMB3 for me. Even I have borrowed the game that comes with the full set of power ups it is still very fun. I also even tried to complete the game with finding all 1Ups on each stage. There is a 1Up on each stage :D
some are even 3.

Chrono Trigger, Resident Evil 4 or Super Metroid for me.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
hunter_alien said:

As a somewhat of a Zelda fan myself (but mostly on handhelds) I always wanted to love OoT but I could never get into it back in the days. I am tempted to buy the remake on the 3DS and give it another shot. Does that version hold up, or should I just rather play it on an emulator or maybe hook up an old N64?

And being on topic: how the hell did I forget SF2? That game was like an earthquake back in the days. Took everyone by surprise after the mediocre SF. Though I always liked Tekken the most and my friends were huge MK fans, this is where the brawler boom began.

I'd recommend the 3DS version, if only for the frame rate improvements. It achieves a nice 30 fps, which is a solid improvement over the original's 20 (!) fps. Plus it has the mirrored version from the Master Quest and a "boss challenge" mode. And it's now easier/cheaper to find, since it was named a "Nintendo Select."

Totally agree about SFII. Has there even been such a gigantic jump in quality between a game and its sequel? My brother and I played hundreds of hours together on SNES, between SFII, Turbo, and SSFII. He still beats me to this day :)

Wanted to write a list of possible answers but then I gave up. No, this is arguably the single best example in the entire history. Man, you made me miss SF2 now :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Zelda: Ocarina of Time is my number one game...

In Sony We Trust!

Around the Network

Easy, Suikoden 2 followed by FFIX

I find it so weird people rate OoT, i would actually put that in my top 5 worst games of all time list imho.

Everquest, still going since '99. Too bad is such a huge time commitment. I switched to WoW in 2005, yet that never reached the heights of EQ and I did not play it as much. MMORPGs should be about cooperation, yet each one after people insist on it being possible to play solo, missing the point. Too bad the only way to make people work together efficiently is to make the threat so big as well as the penalty for dying that 1 mistake could literally cost 10-20 hours of progress and the risk to permanently lose all your gear.

MGS, everything about the game was perfect. Incredible gameplay, great controls, great story, perfect length.

Tie between Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros. Why? Because they're both as fun today as they were when they came out and to me, that is what qualifies a game as being "best ever".

Red Dead Redemption, God Of War III and The Last Of Us are my favourite games among the 100+ games I've played.