By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Game of all time

The Last of Us, amazing everything, and it was very influential for games like RE Revelations 2, The Evil Within, Rise of the Tomb Raider, the movie Maggie with Arnold S., etc...

Not to mention is one of the most award winning games of all time.

Around the Network

Either Super Metroid, Okami, or Metroid Prime. All huge open worlds to explore.

I can't really give a Greatest Game of all Time title to anything, because I love an awful lot of games. Zelda games (OoT being my favourite), Pokémon games (Platinum), Bioshock:Infinite, Undertale, Earthbound, Metal Gear Solid 1, Metroid Prime 2...

Metal Gear Solid 3 because it's the greatest story ever told and it uses gaming and storytelling interwoven masterfully.

OR!

Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal because it's the perfect RPG elements blended in with a hilarious story and great gunplay with creative weapons

I am Iron Man

Ganoncrotch said:
Jdog535 said:

In this forum, please put below what the best game of all time is with an explenation, and please put the system it was on. Remember this is all opinion, so don't start hating on others peoples opinions. You can have discussions over the thoughts as long as you remain respectful. I would also like to ask you to refrain from using any profanity.

Thank you, and have fun.

What is your own? just out of interest for a new member here.

Well personally, this is a really challenging question, because I loev a wide variety of games. I have grown up playing a ton of games from all different genres. I have to say though that I can probably go back to my roots which has to be the Sly Cooper Series... but being as indecisive as I am I have to throw in a few more games. or series at least. I love playing uncharted, and playing games like GOW or Halo. However I will try to pinpoint one, adn very leniantly say that my all time favorite game is... well actually I can't choose a favorite with my total love of games. One of top games however is LOZ: OoT or Pokemon Saphire.

Around the Network
ps4tw said:

Ignoring the obvious ones like Pong, Mario and Doom that either helped create the games industry or entire genres, I'm going to say these two:
Halo
Grand Theft Auto: III

Because both arguably redefined entire genres and their effects are still being felt today. Halo broke away from the relentless corridor crawling that had been seen in practically all FPS' up until that point, treated the main character as someone with a finite ability to carry weapons rather than a walking armoury, introduced melee, quick access grenades and regenerating life, plus the ability to control vehicles.

GTA: III on the other hand, while it didn't get rave reviews, it helped to create the open world sandbox which almost all games now take after. While games like Zelda: Ocarina of Time did dabble in it, it still felt very much from going from one staged area to another, whereas GTA: III brought a world to life.

Other games worthy of the greatest game crown would be Zelda: OoT, MGS and Shadow of the Colosus - while the latter didn't do anything revolutionary, it's blend of art style, design and gameplay for me created the most memorable game experience in the last 25 years. 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/grand-theft-auto-iii

What?

Also in terms of Halo introducing melee combat to fps? Doom had a chainsaw and Zero Tolerence on the megadrive had characters who specialized in Melee... they were bad at staying alive but Halo is not the first fps to feature it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I'd probably say Warcraft 3.

The custom maps mode kept me for 10 years. No other game has passed 6 months before burn out.

Ocarina Of Time is the greatest game of all time.

Easily The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time N64.

I would say Quake. Revolutionized FPS games and Online play. Damn i remember having to upgrade my pc to a pentium 233 MHz just to get good frame rates...

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!