By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will Be Multiple Full-Sized Games ( Like ff 13 )

Well, this could work. I'm going to remain optimistic for the time being. If they really do manage to make each part a fully fleshed out game complete with extras and allow save transfers then I don't see a problem. In fact, it could work out really well like the Mass Effect trilogy did last gen.

Around the Network

I pretty much had understood it was not episodic as ppl kept saying it was, however the way he amd eit sound on the interview we are getting FFVII instead of FFXVI, I don't realy like that they should have two teams or something, taking another however many year for FFXVI will suck.

I personally don't mind the idea but it tells me we might not see a new FF game for quite some time after XV. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I'm just not having very much optimism atm. After they pretty much said no overword(they said they arent concerned with it), taking out *some* mini games and removing some story elements and implimenting others in its place

atm,just with the little info we have, it sounds like this prob wont be FF7 really

but again its early, we still no very little,but at this time i dont have very much optimism in it D:

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Hiku said:
Nautilus said:

They cant fit all in one disc(or one physical release if you prefer) just because its FF7?So you mean all the gigantic and awesome games like Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, and many more that I cant remember now must be small, because they managed to put all in one package.

With all due respect to FF7, but people remember it as something much bigger than the actual FF7 is.They remember it as a game that was a beast for its time and had to have 27 different discs just to fit it all.Its not.FF7 was revolutionary,yes, but in terms of size and "game scope", it was also on par with the other big ones at the time.It was epic, but the PS1 managed to run it.

What I mean is, all this talk of "FF7R needs multiple launches(or full-size games) to be able to realize its true vision,because its too big" its a pure lie.Simple as that.The graphics can be awe-dropping and all, but if SE really wanted, they could fit it all in one CD.There are really great looking games out there, with gigantic worlds, and yet they manage to fit all in one game.FF7 is not special.It is a excellent game, but its still a game.FF15 is one game, that probably is going to last 50-60 hours.Why cant FF7R be the same?And if budget is the issue, that this title would require an investment that would be too high for one game, look no further than Destiny.That game had 500 million dollars budget, for gods sake!And managed to make a gigantic profit, being a new IP.

This whole multi-disc aproach has another name:money grabbing.SE is(unfortunaly) just being a company, and as all companies, they want money.And they know that FF7R will sell no matter what they do.Even if they made DLCs(EA style) for the game people would buy in droves.

Yes, because it's FF7. There is nothing in the feudal setting of The Witcher or Dark Souls that can compare to the attention to detail that just the complex multi layered Midgar requires. In FF8, they solved that problem with Esthar, another gigantic highly detailed city, by heavily restricting our access to it, limiting it to just a few specific areas, and leaving 98+% of it unexplored. And this was all pre rendered back in the day. Actually creating those kind of environments in real time is not something that the FF7 team thought of back in the day, and so they didn't let that restrict them when they made it.
However, even back then we weren't able to see most of Midgar. It's something they say they want to let us do this time, and I've always wanted to. Esthar as well, if they ever were to get to FF8:R.
And when I say highly detailed, I'm mainly refering to the technically advanced aspect of some of these cities and environments.
The Witcher 3 is a gorgeous and highly game. No doubt about that. What I'm saying is, it's easier to depict a roof made out of straw, or a wall made out of brick, than one with blinking neon signs, lights, screens, grids and movable parts, all surrounded by even more technology, and bustling with vehicles and people as far as the eyes can see. All with a lot more small details attached to them that just didn't exist in a feudal setting.

Final Fantasy 7 also had a lot of minigames. Some with their own game engines. Fort Condor, snowboarding, Bike race, submarine wars, the usual chocobo racing, rock em' sock em' boxing, etc. All of those are going to have to look, and work amazingly as well.

Even the G-Bike game is a far cry from what it needs to look like today. Keep in mind that SE said that the Advent Children character models were too outdated for Final Fantasy 7: Remake, so they had to remake Cloud and co in today's graphical standard. And then remember the bike chase scene in Advent Children. The characters and vehicles are going to have to look even better than that. While maintaining framerate at extreme speeds with a lot of action packed scenes no doubt.
Then we have Gold Saucer, Junon, Shinra Builting, etc, and of course an open world as well, that's not only set in a feudal setting, but mixed in with a technologically advanced society.

I really don't think it's realistic to expect all of that to be developed under a budget for a $60 dollar game.
It's not about how much they can fit on a disc, but how big their budget would be vs the return they would get.

Again, I think you are overestimating what FF7 could be.Its not like Midna will be a city with 5 km of in-game diameter and all.You are going to be able to visit the whole city this time, but how big the city is in the first place?One thing is what was shown in the CGI, other is what they will actually make.I understand that this game is special to you, but all of that is more than obtainable in one release, even if it needs two discs.And I know it needs alot of work, and it really does, but budget wise is possible.I mean, its going to be really expensive, no doubt, but if Destiny, a game that had 500 million dollars budget(dont know how they spend all that money to be honest) managed to make its money back and get profit, FF7R can easily do the same, with a much lower budget.I mean, even GTA 5, a gigantic, detailed and living world was produced by less than half than that, so FF7R can also do that.You are overestimating the scope the game will have.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Makes sense from a greed stand point I suppose. I'll stick with the original.

Dislike this type of model, but can't really say since the game isn't out yet.. :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

For all i care it can be a weekly release over a year, as long as it does not cost me $180.

Let's see how this goes, but in a world with games like Xenoblade Chronicles X, The Witcher 3 and their own FF15 (from what we seen so far), i would rather stick to the original version than paying a fortune for the remake.

Hiku said:
Nautilus said:

Again, I think you are overestimating what FF7 could be.Its not like Midna will be a city with 5 km of in-game diameter and all.You are going to be able to visit the whole city this time, but how big the city is in the first place?One thing is what was shown in the CGI, other is what they will actually make.I understand that this game is special to you, but all of that is more than obtainable in one release, even if it needs two discs.And I know it needs alot of work, and it really does, but budget wise is possible.I mean, its going to be really expensive, no doubt, but if Destiny, a game that had 500 million dollars budget(dont know how they spend all that money to be honest) managed to make its money back and get profit, FF7R can easily do the same, with a much lower budget.I mean, even GTA 5, a gigantic, detailed and living world was produced by less than half than that, so FF7R can also do that.You are overestimating the scope the game will have.

Destiny announced two expansions before it even launched, and a season pass that people could buy on Day 1. And GTAV has microtransactions that reportedly have earned Rockstar tons of money. There are also technical reasons why a game like FF7 isn't comparable to parts of certain other games, but we could go on all day.
The point is, FF7 was developed under a budget suiting a $60 price tag. To recreate that today, and to even make it bigger, especially something like Midgar, which wasn't created with real time graphics in mind, would be a lot more expensive. And I think you are underestimating that kind of development process.

Believe me, I'm the first to be skeptical about spliting games into multiple parts, even for games I love, and some times even do extensive research on the subject. (My Fire Emblem Fates topic). I'm not entierly convinced, but I can see this being the best choice for this game and I will reserve my final judgement until I see how it turns out.
Not just to fit everything in it, but also so we don't have to wait until 2022 to play a full game. From the sound of it, with each game being a unique experience, probably with their own combat systems and whatnot, I'm reminded of some multi game series with one story that I've played in the past and loved, such as Xenosaga 1, 2, 3, .hack//G.U. vol 1, 2, 3, etc. I wouldn't want them condenced into just one game with just one battle system. But it would certainly be possible.

Nothing stops FF7R of doing the same thing.Im 100% sure that FF7 will have plenty of merchandise, collectors editions, maybe even some DLC thrown in to make up for the budget.They could even make an anime adaptation or prequel like they are doing now for FF15.If not for the money, for the marketing.Like for Destiny and GTA 5, there are many ways to compensate for the 60 dollars price tag, even if I personally believe that the game alone will make more than enough profit.

And having different battle systems across the different parts will turn people off, and I put myself in that group.If it were sequels, I would be fine with it, but they are telling one story, that dosent even pass a considerable time betwenn them(unless they change that).All in all, I find the whole idea of multi-part terrible.I mean, they could still come and surprise me, making the first game tell roughly the whole story of the first one, then the next games expand the world(then I would be more than fine with it).Or they could tell a whole new story, with just having the familiar tone and carachters from the original FF7.For now, we have little information to really tell where this game is going.

I personally just want my KH3.Work faster on it Square!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

probably will get the complete collection on the PS5... i just want the superior 4k version..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)