By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will Be Multiple Full-Sized Games ( Like ff 13 )

KManX89 said:

Except The Witcher 3 was 200+ hours long, and it was all on one disc. I think you're underestimating exactly how much disc space these new Blu-Rays can carry as opposed to the, mind you, not even DVDs, but mere CD-ROMs of the PS1 era. Each individual part of FFVIIR could certainly fit on a single disc.

Granted, it certainly wouldn't come cheap to release all 3 parts at once on a multi-disc retail version. It's understandable in that regard why they're going with the episodic release. Of course, I would've preferred a multi-disc release just like the original PS1 version, but it is what it is.

A multi-disc retail version might come some time after they've released all 3 parts digitally, though I understand it may take a while. It could even come as late as the 9th gen as a remastered multi-disc release.

Excuse me for butting in.

Witcher 3 took place on one continent. FF7 has the entire world for you to travel; multiple continents to explore, oh and underwater.

So all that plus new content; I can see FF7R needing multiple disc. 200+/- hours per disc maybe.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

This is pretty much what they said during the whole "episodic" up roar nonsense last year, when everyone was freaking out and predicting short, over priced experiences.

This isn't really news. Still, maybe now that everyone's had time to process this and calm down, they'll take it better.

-Newcloud- said:
I feel really mixed about this, im going to guess that no game will have the complete world map to explore.

I really wish they remade the game like Capcom remade resident evil 1 that would be my dream remake for FFVII

The final game will likely have the complete world map. Most areas in FFVII can be revisited.

can we just all appreciate we live in a world where FF7 remake is real and actually going to come out with updated graphics (perhaps with more story included)?

I'll keep the hype level pretty damn high and know I'll tear up again as soon as I see the next trailer :)

I'm sure it'll turn out great. This is dealing with Square's biggest game after all so they're not going to be messing around.

People are freaking out/worried as if this is like Hollywood trying to make a movie based off of a Japanese manga/anime lol

Around the Network

I only have a third of my original erection for this game now...two thirds limp.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

spemanig said:
Lol @ FF7R in 2017 when they're still not done with KH3.

Part 1 of FF7R (1/3 of the whole game)

Cyber Connect are also helping out in developement, I don't think its out of the question. 

Hardly seems like a remake if they have to divide it up.

And since when was FF13 in 3 parts? It was FF13, then 2 sequels no one bought.

Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

"This reimagined epic will be the next core Final Fantasy instalment--or rather, instalments,"

Fuck sake, no FF16 this gen confirmed

Just saw this. One of the main reasons I didn't want a remake is because it would steal development from a new Final Fantasy. Considering  we've been looking noctis and the gang since 2006, it is rather sad. PS1 truly was the golden era of the franchise with entirely new titles in the space of 4 years.

There is a small chance that they simply mean FFVII part 1 will come before XVI.

This is horrible! I hate these episodic games and I will never buy them :)