By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will Be Multiple Full-Sized Games ( Like ff 13 )

K, let's wait until 2017 to see how it ends up beeing...

Around the Network

As long as the quality is consistent across all three releases, then I'm personally fine with this model.

i have uneasy feelings about the FF7R at this point

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Im not so sure if I understood what he said, but is he implying he will divide FF7 original game(the original story), in multiple parts, but that each part will feel as a game on its own?If thats true it still sucks for me.I want the original story to be told in one game, not it being divided.

But if what he means is that they will expand the story, and FF7, for example, is the first game, then advent child story is the second and so on.Then Im good with it

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

This only raises more questions than answering them. A truly episodic nature would have made sense, at least as far as transferring save files from one chapter to the next. But 2-3 separate retail releases? Are they just going to pull the worst kind of inspiration from 13 and put heavy handed level caps in place? 15 looks cool and all, but the nature of 7 makes me more curious about it.

Around the Network

Eh... it seems like they're milking this big time. 60 bucks for up to midgar, 60 to the temple of the ancients, and 60 to the end?

JWeinCom said:
Eh... it seems like they're milking this big time. 60 bucks for up to midgar, 60 to the temple of the ancients, and 60 to the end?

Might also be that they incorporate all the side games and/or expand upon things.  They did say that they are going to change up story elements.

I don't really care about the format, as long as they stay true to the original while adding new stuff into the story. Need my HD cross-dressing scene untouched!

This just reeks of Sonic 4 syndrome. All that's gonna happen is that they'll get fan backlash on some elements, which will change drastically in the sequel, making the whole of FFVIIR a disjointed mess. Add to that the whole issue of save transfers and leveling up, AND the fact that they will 100% definitely NOT get all three out before the 9th gen, and we've got a mess. I wouldn't even put it past them to release part one on 8th gen, part two as a cross gen title, and part three as ninth gen exclusive.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

BraLoD said:
3 games starting 2017, that's what I've always been thinking.

I'd be very surprised if the first part was ready in 2017. This is SquareEnix we're talking about here.

Signature goes here!