By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake Will Be Multiple Full-Sized Games ( Like ff 13 )

i am not paying $60 thrice for a single game, as much as i like ff7, i will have to wait for a GOTY edition or something.

Around the Network

I hope that the 1st of the 3 games is FFVII in it's entirety and the other two games being a continuation of FF7 storyline.

I could see this being the case. The FF7 universe is so big that telling he entire story could span multiple full fledged games.

I do believe that Kitase has been the real problem after all. I could sense this in that one Lightning Returns video where he desperately tries to pass the game off as good in some very abstract tone.

They're really fucking up the marketing on this. They mentioned FF13 very strongly associated with this game and that's going to cost them.

I don't think they realize that FF7 is meant to be pretty much just for the story as one playthrough. How many FF fans are going to care to grind or do endless fetch quests in each disc? One of the great design qualities about FF7 was that it didn't require you to grind much and you could progress through the story at a nice pacing. Then there's the cost of each disc, and then there's the fact that the game is having a completely redesigned and probably divisive battle system.

This really couldn't get more divisive...unless they say they're going to redo the main story elements as well which will be the final divisive nail. It's like they're trying to be "as different" as possible or some shit.

Jesus. Jesus! Where are you? Oh he's in my cup.

Edit: "Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, we already have a preexisting story, so it wouldn't really make sense if that isn't encompassed in a multi-part series... So if we're just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game."

No, it would make too much sense to make it one game Kitase.  That's hard for you.

Lube Me Up

going back from the reveal to now with the small bit of info we have. I don't think there's been one bit of information coming out of this remake that i have actually liked thus far,again, albeit we have very little info, the info we do have thus far, i havent liked any of it

seems like they're trying to be too much like hollywood with what they do with classic movie remakes

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I bet Midgar itself will end up taking up like 3 discs or something.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

BraLoD said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I'd be very surprised if the first part was ready in 2017. This is SquareEnix we're talking about here.

UE4 seems to be way more friendly than theor FFXV Luminous Engine, I'm confident 2017 is the schedule, because it's FF VII 20th anniversary, there is no better time to start  to release it than 2017.
I think they can meet the schedule as well, they already have the story set, the characters, how it goes, and it'll be divided in 3 games, they can manage to deliver the first part next year, IMO.

I always forget about the 20th aniversary thing. It would be a huge missed opportunity if they miss that window so I guess they'll push hard for a 2017 release.

Signature goes here!

im just scared that even if i hate the direction they're going and dont like what i see when the official reveal game #1, that im still going to buy it because of nostalgia and they're going to release a 20th anniversary collectors edition lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Doesn't sound bad but only time will tell if this is the right way to do it.

I'm guessing this is going to be only two games. If you break it up in terms of the original games discs, the first 2 had the vast majority of the story on it. The 3rd disc only had the ending on it. I think they can squeeze the ending in on the 2nd game. Would make sense also, since the 2 part movie is something Hollywood has been doing lately, which people seem to accept.

I'm sure they are going to try and get out the first installment by 2017, in time for the 20th anniversary. With the 2nd part the year after. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the complete game upgraded for the PS5, maybe as a launch title, which I expect to hit shelves in 2019.