By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pachter: Lame Games like TLG and Shenmue 3 Won't Sell Many Units

Just ignore him. He will go away if you do.

Around the Network

As long as it does 2 million it should be fine. Besides there are many games destined to not make multiple million units of sales. Scalebound probably being one of them. Yet as long as they make a profit it should be fine. I don't expect Detroit to go beyond 2 million either, nor dark souls 3 on a single platform.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Great news!!! I am happy to know that The Last Guardian and Shenmue 3 will do good.

I don't see anything wrong with his statement; TLG and Shenmue probably won't sell anything close to Uncharted or similar AAA games. Not from what we've seen yet at least. Hype doesn't always translate to super awesome sales, since the hype could be concentrated in a small crowd that makes a lot of noise.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Hes not wrong

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
I don't see anything wrong with his statement; TLG and Shenmue probably won't sell anything close to Uncharted or similar AAA games. Not from what we've seen yet at least. Hype doesn't always translate to super awesome sales, since the hype could be concentrated in a small crowd that makes a lot of noise.

I don't think people's issue with his statement is that they mean that it's wrong. It's more like they think it's so obvious it doesn't need to be said.

As a nintendo fan (not fanboy) i feel Pacther was right about nintendo franchise.

JRPGfan said:
Why does everything that doesnt sell 10s of millions of unit end up called Niche?

It reminds me of those "discussions" about movies. According to many armchair industry experts, If a movie doesn't achieve 1 billion at the very least, it's flop and the studio making it can't possibly recoup and profit. -___-

Im the only one that knows these games exist and most of my friends have a ps4.
He's actually right.

jason1637 said:
Im the only one that knows these games exist and most of my friends have a ps4.
He's actually right.

I think he is right from a sales perspective.... but calling them lame... thats uncalled for. I think they are niche games but there is obviously a passionate community supporting it otherwise the meltdowns at E3 wouldnt have happened. So, though these games are not for me, I certainly think its unfair to call them lame.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!