By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pachter: Lame Games like TLG and Shenmue 3 Won't Sell Many Units

Why are people saying it should do like 2ml? I can see shenmue doing over a million with proper marketing but i doubt the last guardian can. The only people i know that know about these games are people on the internet

Around the Network

Even if he were right about it, he misses the point when he values these projects by their sales.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

The last Guardian and Shenmue 3 "Lame"????

Are you fucking kidding me?

Clearly Patcher is a yearly COD guy.

Nintendo does hit a fairly consistent rotation of 'big' projects - but on the 3DS instead of the Wii U.

And on the WiiU it really hasn't been that bad. If you moved many of it's big games up 4 - 6 months, it'd probably have a much different outcome.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Pachter is right, once again.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Both games will undoubtedly sell at the very least 1 million. That's "Many Units" in my book :3

Oh yeah and lame isnt exactly the word I'd describe these games...

He is right but the way he explained it was bad.

TLG and Shemue 3 will sell at least a million each, but neither will sell over 2 mill.

They are not lame games, but ARE niche and therefore wont sell as well as westernised games.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Shenmue will sell many many units but the last gardian is a toss up

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Same person that said 1886 will sell 10-12m!? OK, then.

Pavolink said:
Pachter is right, once again.

once again? from what i've read he is always wrong about everything.

but anyways not surprising that you have said that, according to what you only like...