By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Legends on 3DS shows why PS4.5 might not be a good idea.

New 3DS is to 3DS what a PS4.5 would be to a PS4. The reason we haven't been complaining about the New 3DS very much is because 1. The 3DS as a whole is on its way out, while many devs and even consumers don't care all that much for the 3DS line anymore, and 2. No one has used what it can do in a substantial capacity at all. Now, take a look at IGN's review on the 3DS and New 3DS versions of Hyrule Warriors Legends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAvUhxoyEBA

Whether you agree with the review or not, or whether the comparison between what's happening with this game and what will happen with a PS4.5 is perfect or not, one thing is for certain: This game was created for New 3DS, then the devs "tried" to make it work on regular 3DS. Yes, the game might not have been all that great to begin with, but what I said stands. What will happen with the PS4 may not be as severe, but it'll still happen. Devs will immediately get ahead of themselves and begin to think more of what the PS4.5 is capable of instead of whether it'll be good for a regular PS4 user. This is going to lead to PS4.5 exclusives, or even worse, games that run god awful on regular PS4 hardware, but fine on PS4.5. And we don't want that, now do we?

bet: lost

Around the Network

I know the install base is an issue, but they could always do what they did with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and just make it exclusive to the newer model. You could argue this is what they should've done to Hyrule Warriors Legends anyway.

This was a bad choice of a WiiU game to port to the 3DS anyway. A slower, less demanding game would have been the perfect choice.

I agree that midterm updates are bad in general, but it would hurt Sony even more that it does to Nintendo. The N3DS just has one must-buy game (which is accesible on both Wii-WiiU) and a SNES emulator. Is Sony makes a more powerful PS4 version, some of those 3rd parties would consider moving their projects to the upgraded version, and considering Sony machines get a lot more software, the amount of content unaccessible (or bad performing) content for the +40m users of the original model is going to be big. And no company wants to piss off 40million of their customers.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Even though I just recently got a PS4, I don't really feel scammed with the PS4.5 coming out so soon, mainly because I don't even have a 4k TV lol

ExplodingBlock said:
Even though I just recently got a PS4, I don't really feel scammed with the PS4.5 coming out so soon, mainly because I don't even have a 4k TV lol

It might just affect you more than you imagine. But thankfully, the PS4.5 won't be a reality, if Sony knows what is good for them.

bet: lost

Around the Network

I would say let's wait and see if the PS4.5 rumor is true or not and see what they say then compare. Until then it makes no sense IMO.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
I would say let's wait and see if the PS4.5 rumor is true or not and see what they say then compare. Until then it makes no sense IMO.

If you know VGChartz or the internet itself. You know that people like to think the rumors (Just like NX controller) is real and make judgements of it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I dont understand the hate on ps4.5. If its just a revision with 4k , faster speed, etc an other games can work on a regular ps4 no big deal.

Hyrule Warriors is a home console title that was ported to handheld. Of course the more powerful model of the 3DS is going to handle the downgrade more gracefully than the weaker one!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I wouldn't read too much into the rumors, it's most likely just a slim version of PS4 that can output 4K for media. I have a hard time thinking they would allow for an update that is similar to what New 3DS is to 3DS. If it's what some rumors has stated, it would be devastating and Sony won't risk that, not now.