By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Legends on 3DS shows why PS4.5 might not be a good idea.

Bandorr said:
HylianYoshi said:

Yes, at the expense of the millions of people that are going to get a crappy version of the game unless the go out and buy another of the product that they were promised a full lifespan for. Never claimed that this was a perfect analogy for the PS4.5, but it's good enough to make a point.

That "Crappy version" wouldn't have existed though. So it is "get a crappy version" and potentionally buy a better version.. or not get any version at all.

So your point is you rather have NOTHING than something - with the potentional to get something even better?

I never said I wanted "NOTHING". I would have preferred that HWL had launched exclusively on New 3DS.

No. That's not my point. Because it's not the case with the PS4.5 where it's going to make a difference in what games are created. We're never going to get a game that's exclusive to the PS4.5 regardless. But the consumer could very well be getting screwed over if developers don't take good care of how they're creating their games and focus on creating the PS4.5 version first instead of the focusing on the PS4 version first and then building up from it.

bet: lost

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
HylianYoshi said:

I never said I wanted "NOTHING". I would have preferred that HWL had launched exclusively on New 3DS.

No. That's not my point. Because it's not the case with the PS4.5 where it's going to make a difference in what games are created. We're never going to get a game that's exclusive to the PS4.5 regardless. But the consumer could very well be getting screwed over if developers don't take good care of how they're creating their games and focus on creating the PS4.5 version first instead of the focusing on the PS4 version first and then building up from it.

So you wanted NOTHING on the 3ds then? So you rather no game have come out - than one that at least some people may be enjoying?

I wanted nothing to come out on the standard 3DS. New 3DS exclusive would have been fine.

If the PS4.5 is happening, which it is, and it gets to the point where something isn't going to work out on the standard PS4, then I'd at least have liked that developers be transparent enough to admit that it just isn't going to work out on that standard version and make it exclusive to the platform where it will actually work. It will rarely ever get to that point, because the difference between the PS4.5 and the PS4 isn't great enough as to make games nearly unplayable on that version of the console, but it might. And that's one thing that I both like and dislike about Sony's policy on having to make both version of the game. It encourages making both version good, but on the other hand, if it just can't be accomplished on the standard version, that policy sets things back quite a bit.

bet: lost

ExplodingBlock said:
Even though I just recently got a PS4, I don't really feel scammed with the PS4.5 coming out so soon, mainly because I don't even have a 4k TV lol

Wow it's nice that you are so sheltered. But, PS4K is just a code name, Let's call it PS4 Neo. The benefit of the Ps4 Neo are not limitted to just 4k output. 

Since in your case you have a 1080P, your benefits would be better graphic, faster loading, smoother resolution and faster framerate with less hiccup.

There will be a noticable difference between PS4 and PS4 Neo when compairng both game running on a 1080P tv. 

Oh and by the way the rumored sales price for the PS4 NEo is $399 most likely coming out this fall, how much did you pay?  

The New 3DS -- 3DS jump isn't even that big. A 20% difference maybe. PS4.5 is a monstrous leap in GPU performance, from 1.8 TFLOP to over 4 TFLOP.

If you can notice a difference between the XBox One at 1.2 TLFOP and PS4 at 1.8 TFLOP ... lol, you will notice the difference with the PS4.5.