By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Legends on 3DS shows why PS4.5 might not be a good idea.

jason1637 said:
I dont understand the hate on ps4.5. If its just a revision with 4k , faster speed, etc an other games can work on a regular ps4 no big deal.

It's not gonna have 4K.

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:
Ali_16x said:

You do realize Sony makes the rules right? You think Sony won't make it a requirement that they cant make exclusive games for PS4.5. Just like how they require every PS4 game to support Remote Play for Vita. Lol and you do realize there are 40 million regular PS4s right? You think Sony or third party developers are going to alienate 40 million PS4 owners? Come on, this should be common sense. I think the only reason you are thinking this way is because of Nintendo and their stupid decisions, and you really shouldn't compare them to Sony.

How exactly is Nintendo changing my percpetion of the situation? Didn't I just say that Hyrule Warriors Legends is playable on both regular 3DS and New 3DS? And other than that, it was developed by a third party so the quality of the standard 3DS version isn't Nintendo's fault. I'm starting to think that you're just really biased against Nintendo. =P

This got out of hand, anyway. I only mentioned the possibility of there being PS4.5 exclusives in the penultimate sentence of the OP, and the focus was more on the the possibilty that the PS4 versions of the games could end up terrible. I think you're just looking for a reason to get angry at this point.

Answer me this: Would you rather that a game safely end up as an exclusive to the more powerful hardware, or that the developers spend extra money trying to chug out a subpar version of the product for the standard PS4 users? I'd rather have no product at all than a crappy version of a game a few users are getting. Even if Sony didn't make the rule that games had to avaliable for both versions, from a business standpoint, third parties would want to release the game on both versions of the console anyway. Because money.

Bahaha, if anything, it's your bias for Nintendo. The way you think is the Nintendo way, which is exactly why you are comparing Sony to Nintendo right now, which you shouldn't because Sony runs their gaming division completely different and if anything they look at how Microsoft runs their gaming division when making business decisions. 

You think Sony would release a upgraded console that would have exclusive games because that's what Nintendo did. For some reason you think Sony would shorten their console's life cycle because what? Nintendo has short life cycles?

There is absolutely no reason to think Sony would release PS4.5 exclusive games because it barely passed it's 2nd year. For some reason you are worrying over what the PS4.5 might be because of what you know from Nintendo which is exactly the reason you are comparing them. So nice try, trying to make me look like a troll.

EDIT: Basically, Sony fans have nothing to worry about because everything you mentioned is Nintendo related, and Sony does not work like that. Plain and simple.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ugh if KH3 runs better on the PS4.5 I'll feel forced to get a PS4.5, but I'd  get a used one so it's cheaper. I kinda regret having bought a PS4, if only I had known that the PS4.5 would be a thing...

Ali_16x said:
HylianYoshi said:

How exactly is Nintendo changing my percpetion of the situation? Didn't I just say that Hyrule Warriors Legends is playable on both regular 3DS and New 3DS? And other than that, it was developed by a third party so the quality of the standard 3DS version isn't Nintendo's fault. I'm starting to think that you're just really biased against Nintendo. =P

This got out of hand, anyway. I only mentioned the possibility of there being PS4.5 exclusives in the penultimate sentence of the OP, and the focus was more on the the possibilty that the PS4 versions of the games could end up terrible. I think you're just looking for a reason to get angry at this point.

Answer me this: Would you rather that a game safely end up as an exclusive to the more powerful hardware, or that the developers spend extra money trying to chug out a subpar version of the product for the standard PS4 users? I'd rather have no product at all than a crappy version of a game a few users are getting. Even if Sony didn't make the rule that games had to avaliable for both versions, from a business standpoint, third parties would want to release the game on both versions of the console anyway. Because money.

Bahaha, if anything, it's your bias for Nintendo. The way you think is the Nintendo way, which is exactly why you are comparing Sony to Nintendo right now, which you shouldn't because Sony runs their gaming division completely different and if anything they look at how Microsoft runs their gaming division when making business decisions. 

You think Sony would release a upgraded console that would have exclusive games because that's what Nintendo did. For some reason you think Sony would shorten their console's life cycle because what? Nintendo has short life cycles?

There is absolutely no reason to think Sony would release PS4.5 exclusive games because it barely passed it's 2nd year. For some reason you are worrying over what the PS4.5 might be because of what you know from Nintendo which is exactly the reason you are comparing them. So nice try, trying to make me look like a troll.

EDIT: Basically, Sony fans have nothing to worry about because everything you mentioned is Nintendo related, and Sony does not work like that. Plain and simple.

The thread was more about how developers could make their standard PS4 version games if they were to develop the games based around the PS4.5's specs. If you read my previous reply to you, you already understand this. Exclusivity, as well as how the first parties run their companies has very little to do with the point I was trying to make in the OP. If I were to take away every detail of Nintendo from the OP, it would still be cohesive, and it would all make sense: It would read something like this:

What will happen with the PS4 may not be as severe, but it'll still happen. Devs will immediately get ahead of themselves and begin to think more of what the PS4.5 is capable of instead of whether it'll be good for a regular PS4 user. This is going to lead to PS4.5 exclusives, or even worse, games that run god awful on regular PS4 hardware, but fine on PS4.5. And we don't want that, now do we?

I said the word "exclusivity" once. ONCE. And yes, as a matter of fact, despite you being a fan of Sony or whatever you are, you don't know for sure whether they'll decide to allow devs to make exclusives or not. It doesn't make as little sense as you think, from a business standpoint. Because really, third parties won't risk losing money on making it PS4.5 exclusive unless a standard PS4 version will run awful. Even then, they'll most likely release it on standard PS4 anyway because they want to make as much money as they can. 

Also, the thread was created on the foundations of what I first thought when I heard about this supposed PS4.5. I created this thread right away when I realized how similar the situation with HWL is to what I thought could be a possible situation with the PS4.5. Come on.

bet: lost

Darwinianevolution said:
This was a bad choice of a WiiU game to port to the 3DS anyway. A slower, less demanding game would have been the perfect choice.

I disagree. A full dynasty warriors game.. Several of them, really, ran on the psp. I was looking forward to playing this on my 3ds xl but it just looks terrible. More could have been done to make it run better. Not that I'm a dev or anything but the res and textures drop is massive. Understandably so. Just doesn't run as well as I thought it would considering. 

Haven't played a warriors game in years and this looked like an awesome way to be reintroduced. Very disappointed. 

https://youtu.be/4p0pI018jQ0

It's constantly juttering and struggles to maintain 20fps at times on the older system. To be honest, I'll probably pick it up one day anyway for a lengthy plane trip or something but I really hope it receives an update and improves in that time. 

Around the Network

It could work though, having an upgraded system means that games will be more up to date and run better, etc.

..while still being available for those who choose not to upgrade. I don't think it would be as bad as in HW Legends, but I could be wrong..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Relevant, maybe?

At developers own risk.

Bandorr said:
"This game was created for New 3DS, then the devs "tried" to make it work on regular 3DS"

That statement sounds like if the new 3DS didn't exist - this game wouldn't exist either.

Would the game exist without the new 3ds? Would it still run the same if the N3ds didn't exist?

I believe I read that SNES games are only on the N3ds because only the N3ds can support it. So if the N3ds didn't exist, SNES games wouldn't magically come to the regular 3ds.

The framerate of the standard 3DS version speaks for itself. Had there not been a New 3DS, the devs definitely would have known that there's no way they could have salvaged the project from being what it was.

Bandorr said:
HylianYoshi said:

The framerate of the standard 3DS version speaks for itself. Had there not been a New 3DS, the devs definitely would have known that there's no way they could have salvaged the project from being what it was.

So the game only exist because of the N3DS - and wouldn't have existed otherwise? So the N3ds was responsible for more content and for an actual game coming out?

Yes, at the expense of the millions of people that are going to get a crappy version of the game unless the go out and buy another of the product that they were promised a full lifespan for. Never claimed that this was a perfect analogy for the PS4.5, but it's good enough to make a point.