By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Legends on 3DS shows why PS4.5 might not be a good idea.

Jranation said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
I would say let's wait and see if the PS4.5 rumor is true or not and see what they say then compare. Until then it makes no sense IMO.

If you know VGChartz or the internet itself. You know that people like to think the rumors (Just like NX controller) is real and make judgements of it. 

This is true

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

And why exactly do you think Sony would make games exclusive to the PS4.5? Just because Nintendo does stupid things, it sure as hell doesn't mean Sony does. And Nintendo is going to be the last company they look at when thinking about business desicions. it's called the PS4.5 for a reason and not the PS5, once the PS4.5 has exclusive games, it will be called PS5 and they have no reason to do that.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
And why exactly do you think Sony would make games exclusive to the PS4.5? Just because Nintendo does stupid things, it sure as hell doesn't mean Sony does. And Nintendo is going to be the last company they look at when thinking about business desicions. it's called the PS4.5 for a reason and not the PS5, once the PS4.5 has exclusive games, it will be called PS5 and they have no reason to do that.

You do realize that there are such things called "third party developers", right?

For example, Hyrule Warriors Legends was developed by one of these "third party developers" I speak of, and it isn't exclusive to any 3DS model regardless, which is not a good thing in the case of this game.

bet: lost

HylianYoshi said:
Ali_16x said:

You do realize that there are such things called "third party developers", right?

For example, Hyrule Warriors Legends was developed by one of these "third party developers" I speak of, and it isn't exclusive to any 3DS model regardless, which is not a good thing in the case of this game.

You do realize Sony makes the rules right? You think Sony won't make it a requirement that they cant make exclusive games for PS4.5. Just like how they require every PS4 game to support Remote Play for Vita. Lol and you do realize there are 40 million regular PS4s right? You think Sony or third party developers are going to alienate 40 million PS4 owners? Come on, this should be common sense. I think the only reason you are thinking this way is because of Nintendo and their stupid decisions, and you really shouldn't compare them to Sony.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Puppyroach said:
I wouldn't read too much into the rumors, it's most likely just a slim version of PS4 that can output 4K for media. I have a hard time thinking they would allow for an update that is similar to what New 3DS is to 3DS. If it's what some rumors has stated, it would be devastating and Sony won't risk that, not now.

Basically this.  They're probably going to want to use the PS4K to push 4K movies like they did for PS3 and Blu Ray.  They may have some extra horsepower used for the OS or something.  However, these kinds of upgrades have been tried since the NES and they've never worked, so I don't see Sony trying it.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
HylianYoshi said:

You do realize Sony makes the rules right? You think Sony won't make it a requirement that they cant make exclusive games for PS4.5. Just like how they require every PS4 game to support Remote Play for Vita. Lol and you do realize there are 40 million regular PS4s right? You think Sony or third party developers are going to alienate 40 million PS4 owners? Come on, this should be common sense. I think the only reason you are thinking this way is because of Nintendo and their stupid decisions, and you really shouldn't compare them to Sony.

How exactly is Nintendo changing my percpetion of the situation? Didn't I just say that Hyrule Warriors Legends is playable on both regular 3DS and New 3DS? And other than that, it was developed by a third party so the quality of the standard 3DS version isn't Nintendo's fault. I'm starting to think that you're just really biased against Nintendo. =P

This got out of hand, anyway. I only mentioned the possibility of there being PS4.5 exclusives in the penultimate sentence of the OP, and the focus was more on the the possibilty that the PS4 versions of the games could end up terrible. I think you're just looking for a reason to get angry at this point.

Answer me this: Would you rather that a game safely end up as an exclusive to the more powerful hardware, or that the developers spend extra money trying to chug out a subpar version of the product for the standard PS4 users? I'd rather have no product at all than a crappy version of a game a few users are getting. Even if Sony didn't make the rule that games had to avaliable for both versions, from a business standpoint, third parties would want to release the game on both versions of the console anyway. Because money.

bet: lost

If sony handles it well then there won't be any problems.

SJReiter said:
I know the install base is an issue, but they could always do what they did with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and just make it exclusive to the newer model. You could argue this is what they should've done to Hyrule Warriors Legends anyway.

No if they do that, they need to call it a PS5.

Your going to see a PS4 and a PS4.1,  that ll be more like the 3DS & N3DS situation.

Mike321 said:
If sony handles it well then there won't be any problems.

exactly, Sony just needs to have a strict guideline that the regular PS4 still is the platform to optimize for unless a dev/publisher wants to make a pure PS4K game

Darwinianevolution said:
This was a bad choice of a WiiU game to port to the 3DS anyway. A slower, less demanding game would have been the perfect choice.

I agree that midterm updates are bad in general, but it would hurt Sony even more that it does to Nintendo. The N3DS just has one must-buy game (which is accesible on both Wii-WiiU) and a SNES emulator. Is Sony makes a more powerful PS4 version, some of those 3rd parties would consider moving their projects to the upgraded version, and considering Sony machines get a lot more software, the amount of content unaccessible (or bad performing) content for the +40m users of the original model is going to be big. And no company wants to piss off 40million of their customers.

Xenoblade didn't do well on the N3DS. Imagine how bad it would do on the 3DS.

I mean, Vita did fail for being too powerful, but the cheapness of making a powerful product in the mobile world is astonishing. Nintendo will be pulling with our legs if they keep making weak and ridiculous hardware. The NX handheld should be as powerful as the Vita/PS3. If not as strong as a PS3, then slightly less.

240p is not acceptable. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.