By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Reviews - 31% RT

oniyide said:
sethnintendo said:
Maybe hollywood will be forced to rely on something other than comic book superhero movies.

not for while

we have Assassins Creed with Michael Fassbender and Splinter Cell with Tom Hardy soon.. so... 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I just saw it and I personally loved it. There are pacing problems, especially with the first half, and the plot is disjointed but I can easily overlook those because how great the characters are. Ben Affleck is fucking amazing as Batman. I can honestly say that he's my favorite live action Batman ever. Henry Cavill was a bit wooden, but as the movie went on I liked him more and more. Wonder Woman was great even if her role was smaller than I would have liked and Lex Luthor was a pretty good villain. It was an interesting take on his character.

After seeing BvS, I can honestly say I'm excited for the Justice League and solo movies. I have faith that Wonder Woman will be really good and I'm hoping with Justice League, because they won't feel the need to fit 2-3 movies in one single film, that the story will flow much better.

NiKKoM said:
oniyide said:

not for while

we have Assassins Creed with Michael Fassbender and Splinter Cell with Tom Hardy soon.. so... 

doesnt mean there gonna stop with the comic movies soon. 

sethnintendo said:
Maybe hollywood will be forced to rely on something other than comic book superhero movies.

From what I've read this is on track to bring in 170 million domestically for its opening weekend.

Tansformers got trashed by critics, and every one of those made money so they kept making them.

oniyide said:
Lawlight said:

No, I'm correct. TFA's bad plot and terrible characters were glossed over by fanboys (and that includes critics). This has nothing to do with preference. That movie makes no sense at all if you start thinking a bit.

ironically thats what people have been saying about BvS what makes them wrong about that? and you right about TFA?

The plot and characters are solid in BvS, no major plot errors and character motivations are plausible. Unlike TFA. The BvS issues could easily be fixed in the director's cut. You can't fix dumb though - which is what TFA is.

Around the Network
Darashiva said:
Lawlight said:

Did those critics give The Phantom Menace and Indiana Jones 4 a thumbs up?

Why would they? You do realize that just because you like the movie, doesn't mean everyone else has to. It doesn't make either opinion right or wrong. I haven't really liked any Zack Snyder film since The Watchmen. Everything else after that has been disappointing or just bad, so my expectations for this film were never very high. I haven't seen Dawn of Justice yet, so I can't say anything about it. It just doesn't look very good at this point. From what I hear there are some good parts, but there's just too many problems to make it overall good. 

Except both of those movies are considered good by critics. So, ask them what we think though their mind.

Lawlight said:
oniyide said:

ironically thats what people have been saying about BvS what makes them wrong about that? and you right about TFA?

The plot and characters are solid in BvS, no major plot errors and character motivations are plausible. Unlike TFA. The BvS issues could easily be fixed in the director's cut. You can't fix dumb though - which is what TFA is.

I am actually looking forward to the Directors Cut of this movie. In all honesty this should have been a 2 part movie.

Lawlight said:
Darashiva said:

Why would they? You do realize that just because you like the movie, doesn't mean everyone else has to. It doesn't make either opinion right or wrong. I haven't really liked any Zack Snyder film since The Watchmen. Everything else after that has been disappointing or just bad, so my expectations for this film were never very high. I haven't seen Dawn of Justice yet, so I can't say anything about it. It just doesn't look very good at this point. From what I hear there are some good parts, but there's just too many problems to make it overall good. 

Except both of those movies are considered good by critics. So, ask them what we think though their mind.

They are also films that have absolutely nothing to do with Dawn of Justice. I also don't see how any critics opinion on those two films somehow relates to this one, but no, as far as I know, none of those critics I usually follow liked those films. Besides, a critics opinion on one film does not in any way invalidate their opinion on another. 

This movie is complete garbage

And people says TFA was bad but this is awesome, LMFAO.

Not having plot errors doesnt turn a bad movie into a good one, same happens the other way around, some of the best movies of all time have some plot problems, but cinema is much more than just a screenplay. And Im not saying that BvS has a good screenplay, because it doesnt. At all.

Lawlight said:
oniyide said:

I'd have to disagree with you there. They never built a solid reason to Superman to fight Batman. The frame work was their but they dropped the ball. A small example of this is the scene in which Batman is chasing a group of criminals with the kryptonite meteor. Superman shows up, stops Batman, confronts him and lets the criminals get away. WTF was that.

Lex Luthor's plot line is a complete cluster fuck. Particularly his interactions with the Kryptonian ship. That whole part of the movie is plot hole city. Based on what we saw in the Man of Steel. The ship would have killed him. One of the security robots, just like the one that nearly killed Lois in MoS, was right there and did nothing. And no, him using Zods fingerprints to get into the ship wouldn't have deactivated the robot. Clark enters the ship in MoS. Lois follows him. When the realizes that she isn't Kryptonian, the robot tries to kill her. The same thing should have happened to Lex. Setting aside the nonsensical way in which Doomsday was created. Lex Luthor who is supposed to be a damned genius. Creates Doomsday and unleashes him when he has zero control over him. The only reason Lex isn't dead is because Superman stopped Doomsday from splattering him all over the inside of he ship. The more I think about this movie. the less I like it.