By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Reviews - 31% RT

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/

Pretty disappointing so far.

Are you going to see it?

Some good:

BvS will please those either waiting for the two main players to lock horns on a movie screen, or those who've just been pining for Wonder Woman forever.

It's epic, involving, exciting, and ambitious, but there's an undeniable feeling that the best is yet to come.

and bad:

No major blockbuster in years has been this incoherently structured, this seemingly uninterested in telling a story with clarity and purpose.

It's another numbing smash-and-bash orgy of CGI mayhem with an ending that leaves the door open wide enough to justify the next 10 installments. Is it too late to demand a rematch?

Around the Network

still gonna see it but i'm curious to know how this will impact future DC films (though Suicide Squad and Wonder Women are in post-production and will likely remain uneffected) especially since Justice League is gonna start filming next month.

Very bad reviews so far, I'm still going to watch it.

ben affleck was acting in it, what did you expect?

Good. Maybe people will finally want to see other kind of movies....ah who am I kidding? This will make billions...

Around the Network

Really not a surprise after Man of Steel. After seeing the creative team fail to successfully work with one character, I didn't see how adding another two or three heroes and an extra villain or two would help things. My mom is a big Superman fan and may try to guilt me into seeing this :-/

JWeinCom said:
My mom is a big Superman fan and may try to guilt me into seeing this :-/

Sometimes, you have to take one for the team.

Bad omens for Justice League: Part One. Which comes out next year, by the way.

This movie was a bigger deal than Civil War. I thought it would've been better. I sincerely hope that just because the first two movies of the DC Extended Universe flopped in terms of reviews, it doesn't spell doom for the rest.

bet: lost

Sometimes RT scores don't reflect how much a movie I liked.

Take SW episode 7 for example, it's just a remake, prettier, new names, that's all, very safe movie by the numbers, yet it has like 90%.

Man of Steel has a 56% btw, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Nothing will stop me from watching it! Nothing!!

But in all seriousness, I've learned not to listen to critics, especially when it comes to superhero movies.