By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Reviews - 31% RT

Wright said:
JWeinCom said:
My mom is a big Superman fan and may try to guilt me into seeing this :-/

Sometimes, you have to take one for the team.

I had to see both Man of Steel AND Super Man Returns.  I served my time.

Around the Network

I think it's time to drop Zack Snyder as director.

Turkish said:

Sometimes RT scores don't reflect how much a movie I liked.

Take SW episode 7 for example, it's just a remake, prettier, new names, that's all, very safe movie by the numbers, yet it has like 90%.

Man of Steel has a 56% btw, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Ditto. Then take Marvel movies. They constantly seem to get like 80+, even the obvious stinkers. While I enjoy them they are very very shallow popcorn movies. Besides Winter Soldier, none of them have any substance. They are fun the first couple watches, then they are background movies. 

I loved Man of Steel, so guessing I will love this too. But I don't trust critics at all. Heck I find those that hate Man of Steel to be moronic hypocrites. Constantly I hear of things it did bad, and how Superman I and II were amazing. 

How about we copmare II, since its so similar for a sec. since everone love that versino of superman and his gerat boyscoutness and everything.

1. Everyone flips a nut because Superman kills Zod in Man of Steel. Um didn't he also kill Zod in Superman II? And when he killed a powerless Zod who could have been easily put in jail, he was smiling. Meanwhile in Man of Steel, he has no way of jailing Zod as he is all powerful still and after he kills him he screams in agony. 

2. Destruction of Metropolis. Ok first of all lets bring up that 90% of the destruction happened before Superman arrived, when he was still on the other side of the world. GO rewatch. The amount of damage that happens during Superman/Zod fight is nothing compared to what the machine did before hand. And bringing up Superman II again. He fought them and caused damage in Metropolis in that movie too.

3. Destroying the truckers truck. This was basically a homage to Superman II. And a much better version at that. IN superman II if you recall, clark gets into a fight with a trucker, and get beat up. After he gets his powers back he comes back to that dinner and beats up the trucker. Good job on revenge there Clark. Showing your boy scoutness again.

Then we had the amazing character of Zod. He actually had a character this time instead of just lets take over earth. Now i'm not dissing the actor of Zod in Superman II, just his character. It was shallow. This one had heart. He spent his whole life trying ot protect Krypton and its people. From his initial rebellion to what he was doing on earth. His speech about Kal-El destroying his Soul after the ship was destroyed says it all.

The parents from Jor, to Marth and Jonathon were all amazing.

My only real complain was the tentacle machine. Was unneeded. They should have just had him fall like he did coughing as he approached and then his attack he did to destroy it. He was unconscious after that for some time as it was, so they could have just had it be longer. THe whole point of the tentacles was to stall superman so that the other side of the world could do their part of ht story. The tentacles were just a bad stalling mechanism.  

Oh I also hated the Tornado part. Not the actual tornado and it killing Johnathon, but the dog. In what world is the dog the last one out of the car. When leaving a car you need to basically tell the dog to stay and close the door carefull to prevent one from jumping out. NO way that dog stayed in the car. 

Oh and Lois/Clark kiss. The romance was hinted at enough, no need to have that kiss. Save for sequal.

Boutros said:
I think it's time to drop Zack Snyder as director.

after seeing this review i'm all for it

(there are spoilers at the 4:30 minute mark)

from the trailers you could tell the movie was going to be crap. this is just another DC film, trying to take its self too seriously only to offer mediocrity at the end.

Around the Network

People should stop to trust movie critics and start using their own brain, it's crazy how much people rely on dumb critics.

How can you take seriously RT who put Watchmen at 65% and at the same time overrating shitty Marvel movies , it's beyond understanding.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
People should stop to trust movie critics and start using their own brain, it's crazy how much people rely on dumb critics.

How can you take seriously RT who put Watchmen at 65% , it's beyond understanding.

I guess there is a trend with Zack Snyder since 60% for 300 is also criminally low. But in general I find RT to be fairly accurate. Some genres like horror are really inaccurate but for most movies I usually agree myself.

Just like game reviews nobody can tell me what I would like.

Of course I am still going to see it.

I shall see on danish premiere Thusday..

Have very big hopes for this movie.. and the 9,3 on imdb.. (only litle over 10.000 votes.. but still) make me very hyped.. :)

I hade a bad feeling about this movie ever since it got announced. Couldn't see how the most powerfull superhero ever going up against the weakest one(or is batman even a superhero?) could ever make for a good movie. I guess it didn't.